Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    handlebar grip change on ultra 250x advice

    The wife and I did not like the grips on our Ultra and I was going to change to a grip type that does not have the sharp ridges as does these OEM grips. I bought some new grips, cut an old one off and found there is a huge flange welded on the end. It looks like my only choices are to either cut the flange off so I can install the new progrips or go order another set of OEMs and live with it and wear gloves but don't really want the gloves. Has anyone cut the ends off? thanks, Mike
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gripend.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	142596


  2. #2
    www.eastcoastpwc.net Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,992
    +1
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulldrawmike View Post
    The wife and I did not like the grips on our Ultra and I was going to change to a grip type that does not have the sharp ridges as does these OEM grips. I bought some new grips, cut an old one off and found there is a huge flange welded on the end. It looks like my only choices are to either cut the flange off so I can install the new progrips or go order another set of OEMs and live with it and wear gloves but don't really want the gloves. Has anyone cut the ends off? thanks, Mike
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gripend.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	142596
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...73&postcount=2

  3. #3

    how to replace stock grip over flange

    BluUltra, thanks for the link. I called my local shop to see if I could get another stock grip and they said I could order just one. My question is how do I get a stock grip back over that flange and do I need to use any glue or possibly hair spray? Just a screwup on my part not knowing these bars had a flange! Any help with someone that has done this would help me not screwup another grip!

  4. #4
    www.eastcoastpwc.net Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,992
    +1
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulldrawmike View Post
    BluUltra, thanks for the link. I called my local shop to see if I could get another stock grip and they said I could order just one. My question is how do I get a stock grip back over that flange and do I need to use any glue or possibly hair spray? Just a screwup on my part not knowing these bars had a flange! Any help with someone that has done this would help me not screwup another grip!
    hmm Cant say I heard or read that someone tried to install OEM grips back on. Your best bet is to cut the flange and continue replacing the grips with some ODI's. I currently use the ODI X-treme grips.

    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1088

  5. #5
    Dean DW250X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sumter, SC
    Posts
    328
    I replace the grips on both of my ski's with the ODI Rogue Grips. Had to cut the lip off the ends.
    Stock grips suck.

  6. #6
    Clear the air space! MKaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Feasterville, PA
    Posts
    1,531
    Quote Originally Posted by BluUltra250x View Post
    hmm Cant say I heard or read that someone tried to install OEM grips back on. Your best bet is to cut the flange and continue replacing the grips with some ODI's. I currently use the ODI X-treme grips.

    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1088
    +1

    cut um off!

  7. #7

    New Plans, any issues?

    Thanks to all that gave advice, I ordered a set of ODI's called Ruffian like in the attached pic from a company called Blowsion.com. They are 130mm long, the guy I talked with said if I cut the bar ends off they should fit fine. Any of you guys see any issues? I have stock bars but is there any interference with the stock throttle? Thanks to all. MikeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	grips.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	142781

  8. #8
    www.eastcoastpwc.net Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,992
    +1
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulldrawmike View Post
    Thanks to all that gave advice, I ordered a set of ODI's called Ruffian like in the attached pic from a company called Blowsion.com. They are 130mm long, the guy I talked with said if I cut the bar ends off they should fit fine. Any of you guys see any issues? I have stock bars but is there any interference with the stock throttle? Thanks to all. MikeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	grips.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	142781
    You can use the stock throttle lever. Keep us posted on questions during install.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. smelling gasoline on ultra 250x
    By pasek74 in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-22-2008, 10:42 PM
  2. Suggestion on Ultra 250X trailers?
    By creativepuzzle in forum Towing and Trailers
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 11:24 PM
  3. WTK:Best Price on Ultra 250x in Southeast
    By tampstick in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 05:12 PM
  4. question on ultra 250x impeller tool
    By XRIDER in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-18-2007, 07:29 AM
  5. Any news on Ultra 250X delivery?
    By creativepuzzle in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-17-2007, 11:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •