Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FZS vs FZR

FZS vs FZR

I know this has been discussed before but I can't find the post. The only difference between the two is the fzs is a three seater. Is it possible to buy the seat from the fzs and put it on the zr? If so, would that make it legal? The reason I'm asking is my dealer can get me a great deal on a fzr which I love. The problem is I like the option for having a three seater. Also, does anyone know what colors will be coming out next year? Maybe I should wait to see the color of the fzs. I think blue is the best.

Thank you.

Well not quite sure if the seat even fits or not but technically i do not believe that you can put the seat extension from the fzs on and call it a three seater since the ski is reated for 353 lbs or whatever. dont think the seat would chance that.IMO

+1
    The rear seat mount is different. If you have that mount you can take the fzr seat mount off and replace.

Unfortunately yamaha decided to rate the fzr fo 353lbs and 2 persons. Its the same hull as the fzs, changing the seat mount and seat make it nearly identical. However we are forever plagued by the rating right on the ski.

+1
    Adding a new seat will not raise the Coast Guard rating. Its also rated by weight capacity which you cannot change.

Thank you for responding. Since I already have a three seater it probably wouldn't make that much of a difference. It they both looked identical I would go with the fzs even though I like the look of the fzr better. How long do you think it will be before we can see the new models?

Thanks again.

+1
    The rating matches the number of seats it has on the boat. Marketing/Laws. The boats are the exact same minus the tow hook, rear boarding step and seating mount. If I turn the FZS into a FZR by removing the hook, step and change the rear seat, are you saying the boat cannot support 500+ lbs? Marketing/Laws.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post
    The rating matches the number of seats it has on the boat. Marketing/Laws. The boats are the exact same minus the tow hook, rear boarding step and seating mount. If I turn the FZS into a FZR by removing the hook, step and change the rear seat, are you saying the boat cannot support 500+ lbs? Marketing/Laws.

I was at the dealer and we tried to put the seat from the fzs on the fzr it did not fit a little different get the fzs some people are getting them for 10500 out the door if i can get my dealer to do it i might be the next owner of one.

If you like the colors, Red/Black, then Go the other way. Get the FZS and but the FZR seat and mount. turn the Red FZS into the R look.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information