Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Riva ECU Stage 3 impeller question

I'm running a 15/19 Skat, right now I'm on the rev limiter, and hard. Whats my next option?

+1
    What ski are you running? What nozzle? Should be able to pitch the 15/20 4 blade accordingly.

I just installed the Riva ECU, 50# injectors, and valve train in my RXT and still trying to get the prop right. At this time I am turning my 15/20 pitched to a 15/19 @ 8300 RPM with 82mm nozzle but I found that I have a boost leak. Gonna test again this weekend.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    What ski are you running? What nozzle? Should be able to pitch the 15/20 4 blade accordingly.

I just installed the Riva ECU, 50# injectors, and valve train in my RXT and still trying to get the prop right. At this time I am turning my 15/20 pitched to a 15/19 @ 8300 RPM with 82mm nozzle but I found that I have a boost leak. Gonna test again this weekend.

Oh yea forgot that, 06 RXP, Riva ECU, 50#'s, Rude, Riva 2 IC, Adj pump with 83mm ring, 4" Kana/Spectre, Jerrys famous exhaust, and the RIVA / Skat Trak 15/19 Swirl Impeller w/Billet Nose Cone

15/22

I would think you will need a 15/22.

Banned User
    You can bend the chit out of that 15/19 and make it a true 15/20 three blade.. I ran that exact set-up for the longest and it works peerrfect!! You will have to clearance your prop though, no big deal..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    You can bend the chit out of that 15/19 and make it a true 15/20 three blade.. I ran that exact set-up for the longest and it works peerrfect!! You will have to clearance your prop though, no big deal..
    So why did you change? How do you clearance it? Would I be better off going back to the 15/22?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    +1

You can easily get your prop rebent to get you off limiter. I would reccomend that you have it done as the 3 blade is more difficult to bend IMO and like Alex stated when adding all that pitch needed, the clearence will have to be redone on tail end but that can also be done the same time someone rebends your prop.

A 15/22 should get you off limiter with slight massaging of prop as needed per rpms.

I have a skat pro lite 15/18.5 3 blade that I had SpeedFreeks rebend for me and works with my 2 rude at 8,500 rpm.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by mstennes View Post
    So why did you change? How do you clearance it? Would I be better off going back to the 15/22?
    I changed because every ski I ride with is 80+ and most 83+ and some 90+ so I gave up the acceleration game and went topspeed.
    Clearancing a prop is nothing more than grinding down the edges needed to fit the prop back into your pump to specs. which are ?? someone will know.

The 15/22 4 blade will give you more topspeed but will cost you 4 to 5 bangs on the limiter out of the hole.

+1
    So guys, what do you reccomend, I get and then send it to who? I need to get this dang boat of the limiter, or at least not on it as fast and as hard. Everytime we go out with it, bang up at the limiter and it sounds like your cutting out, which I thought was the case untill I saw the revs were at 8500.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mstennes View Post
    So guys, what do you reccomend, I get and then send it to who? I need to get this dang boat of the limiter, or at least not on it as fast and as hard. Everytime we go out with it, bang up at the limiter and it sounds like your cutting out, which I thought was the case untill I saw the revs were at 8500.
    I reccomend you send your prop to Eric at Speed Freeks and let him know your rpm, setup, and ridding conditions as far as heat, altitude and Bar pressure.

He can dial it in for you at a very fair price and oh, he has excellent turn arround time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information