Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FZR

+1

FZR

Went today to check one out in person...man they are big skis. I was shocked...even when comparing it to the GP1300R that I had bought new in 05. I was hoping it was not quite as big and when compared to the "X", it looks much bigger in person then the "X".

I know it's supposed to handle great and all..but dam...what a big ol ski....

M

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    Went today to check one out in person...man they are big skis. I was shocked...even when comparing it to the GP1300R that I had bought new in 05. I was hoping it was not quite as big and when compared to the "X", it looks much bigger in person then the "X".

M
    I mean to tell you.....
    We had a guy come ride with us last weekend and he had an 07 gpr and an FZS sitting on a double trailer. Man, the FZS made the GPR look small. Those 2 black skis sitting side be side did look very sweet though.

There was an FZR in the pack too and I was on an RXP-X but we did not do any switching. Maybe next time.

+1
    I'm a bit disapointed because the skis seem to be growing and growing "including the performance skis" to the point they are looking like boats. I remember the GP1200 vs the GP1300R was an amazing jump. I was on the fence about buying one if I can't get my raider going ....man...dunno...that thing is a MONSTER!

I'm a loyal Yamaha guy other then my Suzuki streetbikes...but the X just looks more like a sport ski then a boat..

Am I disapointed...yup...it may not be my thing....

M

M
    once you ride one you will love it , and you will be HOOKED, it doesn't feel like the big 3 seater however its surprisingly good in the big stuff and runs the bouys really well . the X will not hang with the FZ in the big stuff but will be pretty close in the bouys, so the FZ will give you best of both worlds

+1
    yeah...just amazed as posted in my last response how big skis are becoming. They've really taken away from the min rockets we all road. For instance...when thinking of rockets of the days

Yamaha Gp1200's
    Ultra 150's
    Raider 1100's
    GSX and XP's

I just hate such large skis...I'm a big guy 6' 4" and 230 but still the ski is a beast...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fxshostopper View Post
    once you ride one you will love it , and you will be HOOKED, it doesn't feel like the big 3 seater however its surprisingly good in the big stuff and runs the bouys really well . the X will not hang with the FZ in the big stuff but will be pretty close in the bouys, so the FZ will give you best of both worlds
    The X can't stay hooked up in the ruff compared to the FZ, no doubt in my mind. Everyone I talked to says how the FZ does not feel as big as it is but I keep hearing from a lot of people that it gets a little boring.
    The thing about the smaller skis is that they keep you on your toes and give you that fun factor.
    I owned 2 Ultra 150s and really had a blast on them but they were just too unperdictable.
    To me, the X is a tons of fun without the worries of being pitched off at any second.
    I can't wait to get on a FZ to see for myself; but to the haters who have never riden an X, you need to ride one, it will make a beliver out of you.
    Just my 2 cents.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    The X can't stay hooked up in the ruff compared to the FZ, no doubt in my mind. Everyone I talked to says how the FZ does not feel as big as it is but I keep hearing from a lot of people that it gets a little boring.
    The thing about the smaller skis is that they keep you on your toes and give you that fun factor.
    I owned 2 Ultra 150s and really had a blast on them but they were just too unperdictable.
    To me, the X is a tons of fun without the worries of being pitched off at any second.
    I can't wait to get on a FZ to see for myself; but to the haters who have never riden an X, you need to ride one, it will make a beliver out of you.
    Just my 2 cents.

I've heard the same thing about them being boring in terms of fun factor as well. I'm not going to lie...I'm not a fan of the Seadoos...although we did have an 05 in the garage and to this date, nothing has impressed me more in stock form then the RXP..... That X just looks racier...then the FZR....and looks like a performance ski and peforms like one...from what I gathered. The stage 2 1300 I had was a "stage II" and was really close in terms of low/mid but was about 1.5-2mph faster on top but was one boring ski when compared to my old Raider 1100

M

M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Full Set.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	142640  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    Just my 2 cents.

I agree. The FZR handles "smaller" for it's size but that is still very relative and doesn't mean it is anything like a GPR or even RXP. Not even Yamaha can overcome physics, 132 inches is 132 inches and it dictates how nimble and tossable a ski will be. A monster on the race course and big speed ability, but screwing around on your local lake or waterway with your buddies it becomes a bit mundane. Far cry from the days learning to ride on a WaveJammer

+1
    Yeah....I was pumped for a new ski and went looking at the FZR as a possible future purchase...but the X just looked so much better IMO

M

+1
    Yeah....I was pumped for a new ski and went looking at the FZR as a possible future purchase...but the X just looked so much better IMO

M
    If you can, ride the 2 then decide.

I still would like to have an FZ, but I rally have a blast on the X. There are so many things I like about it, even over my beloved GPRs.
    The funny thing is my wife rides a stage 2 1300R and she spanks my ass on the top end, but hole shot and cornering, fogetaboutit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information