Thread: RXT or RXP ?

RXT or RXP ?

Currently have 05 RXp,over the weekend got to drive a friends 06 RXT ,we were on Lake MIchigan 6inches of chop.The Rxt really seems to shine in these condtions.I had all I could do to keep up with him and so did 2 other Rxps.Im sure in glass water condtions it would be a different story.Im thinking about getting rid of the rxp for an rxt.Just wondering what anyones thoughts are on differences between the two.Is it possible to make the Rxp handle rougher water as good as the rxt and get good pump hook up.Any thoughts would be well appreciated.Thanks,Mark

I dont know if you'll be able to get the rxp as good as the rxt in the chop. I have both.

You can put on skegs, get rid of the opas and put on some splash guards to start.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    funny thing is... i'm selling my 05 RXT to get into something smaller myself like an RXP or something 2007, lol

it has its trade-offs... RXP sucks in the rough, RXT is boring on glass... i'll probably regret selling my RXT but i'm prepared to take a beating on a RXP in the rough in the ocena

Quote Originally Posted by orange71rt
    Currently have 05 RXp,over the weekend got to drive a friends 06 RXT ,we were on Lake MIchigan 6inches of chop.The Rxt really seems to shine in these condtions.I had all I could do to keep up with him and so did 2 other Rxps.
    This is why i enjoy so much my moded RXT, here in our island we ride 100% in open ocean waters (RXT territory) and is very rare to find a spot with smooth waters, i eat for breakfast almost all the moded 2 seaters skis from my riding area including stage II RXP'S in anything above 4" chop. Hint, if you deside to buy one in the future and want to put some mods just try to keep away from the **pump wedge mod**.

IF you dont mind standing while going through chop, I think the RXP does pretty damn good myself. I was on Lake michigan yesterday as well, and passed a couple 2-3 rxt's during my little romp. They were sitting though ,and enjoying the ride. I was standing, looking for that one wave that was going to send me flying to kingdom come....lol (never found it)

Thread Information