Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

World's first electric Jet Ski

ECO Watercraft has spent some considerable amount of money and time developing the world's first electric jet ski.

-> I happen to stumble on their website and must say I was impressed (not by the price though). Anybody hear about it?

Barrett Taylor ECO Watercraft founder Quotes.....
    "A fully electric PWC that runs on a few hundred pounds of lithium-ion batteries. They are fully sealed, waterproof, airtight, and destruction proof. It has zero emissions. It is completely silent. When you are done using it, you pull it up to the dock and plug it into a solar-powered generator ".

How long does it take to fully charge the Eco Watercraft?
    On a 240-volt it takes about three hours, on a 120-volt it could take up to six hours. The average rider uses their ski about 15 times a year. Of course, if you could use it everyday that would be great too, just charge it overnight.

To somebody who isn't mechanically inclined, how does the technology work, in layman’s terms?
    The ECO runs off a large number of lithium-ion batteries connected to a controller, which regulates the amount of power supplied to the motor. There is a potentiometer, which is sort of like a gas pedal—in this case, the throttle, which is what tells the controller how much power to take from the batteries and deliver to the motor, which in turn drives the impeller. The impeller is a propeller that is inside the boat, which is equal to a jet system, which is why they are called Jet Skis.

Check them out www.ecowatercraft.com

AWESOMELY slow

i hink i saw a demo rivid. it lookded like a honda hull. honda+electric= just swim (better holeshot)

+1
    They say that the first protype will do 50 MPH and the next one they're working on will do just over 60 MPH.

Again, the price is insane. Think they mentioned 32K or something like that.

+1

Banned User
    I saw one way back at the second Hydro drags and it was SLOW.. Why would any poor soul have to ride that thing?

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Petron View Post
    ECO Watercraft has spent some considerable amount of money and time developing the world's first electric jet ski.

-> I happen to stumble on their website and must say I was impressed (not by the price though). Anybody hear about it?

Barrett Taylor ECO Watercraft founder Quotes.....
    "A fully electric PWC that runs on a few hundred pounds of lithium-ion batteries. They are fully sealed, waterproof, airtight, and destruction proof. It has zero emissions. It is completely silent. When you are done using it, you pull it up to the dock and plug it into a solar-powered generator ".

How long does it take to fully charge the Eco Watercraft?
    On a 240-volt it takes about three hours, on a 120-volt it could take up to six hours. The average rider uses their ski about 15 times a year. Of course, if you could use it everyday that would be great too, just charge it overnight.

To somebody who isn't mechanically inclined, how does the technology work, in layman’s terms?
    The ECO runs off a large number of lithium-ion batteries connected to a controller, which regulates the amount of power supplied to the motor. There is a potentiometer, which is sort of like a gas pedal—in this case, the throttle, which is what tells the controller how much power to take from the batteries and deliver to the motor, which in turn drives the impeller. The impeller is a propeller that is inside the boat, which is equal to a jet system, which is why they are called Jet Skis.

Check them out www.ecowatercraft.com
    ... Damn... I'm way beyond average

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    ... Damn... I'm way beyond average
    does that mean the same thing as you're a long way from normal???

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by GTXX View Post
    does that mean the same thing as you're a long way from normal???
    ... Probably so... ...

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Did you see him jump that sailboat's wake within 100 ft? That's illegal here in CA.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information