Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

09FZR vs. 08RXP-X

I am new to the forum so I am sorry if I am posting a topic that has already been covered. I am in the market for a new ski. I am looking for a new High Performance 4 stoke ski that you can ride two grown adults on. I found that I can get a new 08 RXP-X with a trailer for 9500.00 or I can pay the extra and get a 09 FZR with trailer (12500.00). I have always been a "Yamaha" guy but I was hoping that I could get an unbiased opinion from you guys. Do any of you guys own both and if so what are the pluses and minuses to both. I just canít make up my mind.

Thanks
    SpeedJunkie

+1
    I'm not trying to sound like an asshole, but this question has been asked to DEATH, and there is no absolute answer. Read through some of the threads on here and you will find what you are looking for.

+1
    If your looking at riding 2 -up then i would go with the FZR. I might go with the FZR even if your riding one up. Atleast from what i have read about teh FZR, it is almost as nimble and quick as the P-X plus its much more stable in the chop, as well as a larger displacement engine. That is if u have the extra money.... and I own a kawi so not being biased.

+1
    frankly, if you are riding 2 full grown adults like you said, get a fzs. I have had 2 adults on my fzr and its annoying where as i can put 2 adults on my 3 seater fx ho and its no problem. my 2 cents.

Sorry Hitman, I know it has been beat to death but I think benjahw just answered my question. I want it to not only be fast but nimble without feeling that I need to sit on the handle bars to make room for my lady on the back.. Thanks guys!

Thanks Mazy... I am not a big guy 160 pounds and my wife is 105 pounds but just didnt want to feel crowded at 80+

+1

+1
    I'm looking for info on the same topic. I see a lot on the T-X and FZR, but not much on the P-X Anyone got any links they wouldn't mind sharing? I'm looking for a one up ski that is nimble comes out of the hole hard. Also which ski can get bigger acceleration gains from light mods? Not too worried about top speed, but rather how hard it pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    I'm looking for info on the same topic. I see a lot on the T-X and FZR, but not much on the P-X Anyone got any links they wouldn't mind sharing? I'm looking for a one up ski that is nimble comes out of the hole hard. Also which ski can get bigger acceleration gains from light mods? Not too worried about top speed, but rather how hard it pulls.
    FZR pulls hard with a couple of mods.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showpost...1&postcount=47

+1
    FZR is a great ski and does certain things better than the RXP-X. However, when comparing nimbleness and flickability there is no comparison. The P-X is nearly ONE FOOT shorter in hull length and that makes a huge difference. If this is your main criteria you really need to ride both first because there is a big difference. Don't listen to those that say the FZR is as nimble, ride both and see if you agree.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information