Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Anybody want to buy a bulletproof vest??

Seriously..

I have a lot of these available.. Second Chance Vest. They are not NIJ rated because they were built for German Special Forces, GSG9 rated SK1. NIJ Comparable rating is IIIA+. According to the lady I spoke to at Second Chance, it's rated to stop a .308 (no grain or distance info was provided).

The carrier is identical to the Monarch 329, but the ballistic panel is a little better than than the standard 329. Why and how, they would not say.. Just better is all she said.

The vests were manufactured in late 2003 and have never been worn. They are NEW in the original bulk packaging (plastic bag) with the sizing sticker on them. Second Chance said that if they have been stored properly (which I was told they were in a storage closet, in a commercial building) that they will still be fine, but should be re-cert'd or the panels replaced within 4 years.

The buyer(s) will receive one complete vest, and additional identical carrier as well as a "deep cover" concealable carrier. I do not have trauma plates, but there is a spot for them on the vests.

Vest looks like this:
    http://www.secondchance.com/products/monarch329.asp

The "deep cover" carrier looks like this:
    http://www.secondchance.com/products/deepcover.asp

I have sizes from SM to XXXL. I am 5'-11" 230lbs and the XL fits me nicely. The XXL is a little big, and the XXXL is huge. Tall and lanky people (6'2"+ and skinny / semi skinny) will need a large.

If you order a vest, and it doesn't fit, I will gladly exchange it for a different size, you just pay the shipping.

I will only sell this to people I know on this board, or who have a helluva good rep with others I know. Felons are NOT permitted, by law, to purchase and/or be in possession of body armor.. And, of course, I make no warranty as to the actual stopping power of the vest, I am only going off of information gained from the MFG, Second Chance.

Second Chance said that with the armor that's in the vest, it should have retailed (to the German's) for $1800US each.

$625 shipped in the US.. I'll eat the paypal fees if PP is used.

[email protected] Email please... My PM box fills fast..

Pic of the actual vest(s) in my possession:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	178.8 KB 
ID:	142743  

+1
    Thanks for moving it to the right section mods..

just an FYI soft armor WILL NOT stop rifle rounds , IIIA is rated for most handguns a minimum of level III (plates) is needed for rifle protection

+1
    It's NOT a IIIA, but that's the closest classification that Second Chance could offer that relates to SK1. Second Chance said the vest was rated to stop up to a .308.. But your right, she didn't mention the need for the plates either.

very nice wish i could afford one

+1
    Forgot to mention.... I weighed the BAG of stuff that you get (2 carriers, 2 panels and the T-shirt) and it weights just over 5lbs!!

My older IIA weighs more than that!

Also very concealable, it's thinner than my older IIA and doesn't flair out when you site down (previous BPV owners know what I am talking about).

The panels have the wide sides so you have wrap around protection on the sides too.

don't get me wrong , I wasn't trying to dog you and I know IIIA was just the closest US standard , but someone might think that it would stop a 308 based on what you said and that is very unlikely , I am pretty up on armor and I don't know of any soft armor that will stop a rifle round .
    again Im just trying to help you and any buyer not trying to interfere with any sales

+1
    Oh no.. No Dog at all.. In fact I appreciate the additional info..

All I was going off of was the info relayed to me BY the mfg... And wanted to relay to the readers that this is NOT a IIIA, but a similar standard...

Of course I hope that nobody decides to wear one of these while testing the validity of the statements...

+1
    update! Opened another box, and I found a crap load of these!
    http://www.secondchance.com/products/trd_impacst.asp

They are in individual Velcro strap carriers that attach to the front (or wherever) of the vest. These alone provide a rating of IIIA as well as the puncture protection.. Combine that with your vest that also provides a similar IIIA rating and you got a very bullet resistant system.

The panels (without the carrier) retail for $250..

I'll throw it in the box... for free... when you buy a vest

+1
    bump

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information