06 gp1300r mods?

I’m new to the forums but I have been visiting Green Hulk for a few years now. I have a 2006 GP1300R that’s bone stock. I ride in smooth water up to 2’ chop depending on the day. I’m looking for some light mods that would get me out of the hole a bit quicker but not loose the top end speed in smooth water. I was looking at the following mods.

Intake Grate
    PPK
    Jetworks Mod

Which Intake should I use “brand? single bar dual bar?”. I’ve seen on the forums that you can loose up to 5 mph from an intake grate.

Is there problems related to the Jetworks mod? “Speed loss, reliability, idling to long”

What should I put on the ski to gain the top end back?

Thanks,

John

IMO Jetworks was one of my favorite mods and the PPK.
    No top speed loss.. GREAT bottom end... I rode a stock 06 gpr this weekend and i was like am i serious? Did i actually own this once before? haha

Your looking in the right direction !!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by IDK83 View Post
    I’m new to the forums but I have been visiting Green Hulk for a few years now. I have a 2006 GP1300R that’s bone stock. I ride in smooth water up to 2’ chop depending on the day. I’m looking for some light mods that would get me out of the hole a bit quicker but not loose the top end speed in smooth water. I was looking at the following mods.

Intake Grate
    PPK
    Jetworks Mod

Which Intake should I use “brand? single bar dual bar?”. I’ve seen on the forums that you can loose up to 5 mph from an intake grate.

Is there problems related to the Jetworks mod? “Speed loss, reliability, idling to long”

What should I put on the ski to gain the top end back?

Thanks,

John

The R&D 1200 grate is fine for chop. Everyonce and while with the jetworks valve you wanna take it apart to make sure there's no dirt in there but besides that it'll improve your acceleration. Check out a prop too, If you want more acceleration a Skat trak 13/19 swirl is a good prop. With the PPK just make you sand down all the rubber pieces flush with the pump shoe before installing. Also check out doing a pump tunnel reinforcement, with any mods you should do it so you will not have to worry about it cracking.

Thanks for the quick replies. Will I loose top end with the intake grate and 13/19 prop on smooth water?

Thanks,

John

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by IDK83 View Post
    Thanks for the quick replies. Will I loose top end with the intake grate and 13/19 prop on smooth water?

Thanks,

John
    A slight bit. you can also look at a solas 14/20 dynafly

Welcome to the Board
    First: every ski is different, numbers are not exact from one to another.
    A 13\19 (depitched IR 14\20) would be the way to go with a stock ski, 14\20 would require some more umpf...

as far as losing real speed, hard to say exactly how much bc the 13\19 prop gains could offset the aftermarket grate losses. so still could be a total + or-... but minimal at that point... everything is in the combination of related components that work together to achieve satisfactory results...
    also rider input also comes into play, weight, style etc...

contrary to popular belief, if you don`t plan on breaking the speed barrier or stock speeds the stock grate is very good for glass to slight chop.
    If you plan on building power per say with mods, it will change the attitude of the ski and then you should change the grate...

the pump plug kit seals up the shoe to prevent cavitation.
    the Island racing jet worxs mod is a good bang for the buck, by regulating water to the waterbox at idle until desired rpm is set for valve to open which would be 27-3000rpm. VIA keeping the box dry so the exhaust pressure doesn`t have to force all that water out from idling, giving you a quicker launch. even a stock ski can benefit from this mod...

depending on riding climate: if you feel you have a long idle time as in a long no wake zone, simply blip the throttle past the opening point and push water into the box to cool every so often.

keep in mind that once you start adding FF, air filter kit, you will need a controller.

so have a goal, make a plan, execute and ride!

+1
    Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of great knowledge here.

I would recomend the dryout mod. It gives good bottom/mid power. Check out my stainless or aluminum gaskets http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...986#post981986 You will not have to worry about the rubber gasket blowing out after time with these.
    Last edited by Gus13letter; 07-24-2009 at 09:41 AM.

Thread Information