Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Just want to ride.
    +1

Unhappy FYI Regarding Online Parts Ordering:

Hello Yamaha gang,

Just wanted to post a heads up regarding my experience with 'Boats.net' (Central Florida Yamaha). I placed an order online the end of June, and chose overnight shipping. It was quoted at 1 price online/via email receipt, but I was charged a different, much higher amount ($30 extra). After contacting the parts manager, I was told that the quoted amount online isn't always what you will be charged; it depends on their cost to ship + a small margin. If you call in and place your order over the phone, the shipping cost will be correct.

They refunded me their margin, but not the upcharge over the quoted rate online. The !#$% of the deal is that the order was short shipped (without notice to me); I didn't get all my parts for 3 1/2 weeks, but still was billed for more than the quoted shipping $ online.

In the mean time, unaware of the overcharge (found on the cc statement yesterday), I ordered (via phone thankfully!) a replacement display for my wife's ski, and again requested overnight shipping. I called specifically to verify the availability of the display, and was told the part was in the 'other warehouse', and would ship on 8/1 or 8/2, so I should have it by 8/3 for sure. Just my luck - in my inbox this morning was the notice that this part is NOT in, and should actually arrive/ship tomorrow (8/3), arriving a day later than quoted over the phone. The one positive? The shipping charge should actually be what was quoted.....

Just a heads up to all of you looking for OEM parts online - beware the availability gremlins, and make sure you get a quote over the phone, or your credit card statement may have a little surprise on it for you!

+1
    Good post a lot of suppliers are out to get you.
    Sorry this extra stress takes away from the waverunning experience.

+1
    Yeah, they let me down once. Now I get my part numbers and call for an order. I make them check availability and total price w/shipping before I hang up. Also a call back to check on shipping is advised. They tried to back order and entire shipment on me waiting on a couple of $2.00 parts.

That is why I try to deal with Jerry as much as possible. No problem with his store

Just want to ride.
    +1
    Rich - you're right on the money - my whole shipment was originally held for 1 bolt; then released 'complete' (email/shipping list complete), but actually shipped missing the bolt! Had to wait 2 1/2 more weeks for the bolt.

Wish I'd have gotten that display from you!

Ele - does Jerry do OEM stuff? Thought that was just the go-faster stuff....?

+1
    Thanks Ele! Unfortunately i don't do the OEM stuff anymore. I really wasn't getting a good enough cut to give my customers a discount and still make a few coins.

One day when im Sea Doo and Yamaha dealer then i'll be able to discount the OEM parts heavily

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    Thanks Ele! Unfortunately i don't do the OEM stuff anymore. I really wasn't getting a good enough cut to give my customers a discount and still make a few coins.

One day when im Sea Doo and Yamaha dealer then i'll be able to discount the OEM parts heavily
    I can't wait Jerry.
    I'm ready to buy my o.e. stuff from you.

+1

cool.....do that soon and I'll buy an RXP from ya !

+1
    I used to sell OEM parts, but like Jerry, found out that there is no money to be made in doing so. I was able to purchase OEM Yammi parts for 15% above what a PWC franchised dealer pays for them. Same for SD until they raised my cost to 20% above net dealer cost. Don't fault anyone who sells the parts for holding back or making partial shipments because a $2 bolt was not available. Blame the manufacturer, not the dealer. I used to make UPS richer and loose money because I would get one order in 3 different shipments and have to pay the minimum shipping cost on each part I received. Back orders are so common with parts ordered by dealers. It was a no win situation.

Richard
    HP Marine Ltd.

+1
    One day when im Sea Doo and Yamaha dealer
    Jerry,Think long and hard before you decide to take that headache on.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information