Riva GP1300 Parts

i was taking a look at my riva catalog, and was wondering what if someone was just to buy out all the GP1300 parts available from riva, including the stage 2 and everything else like ported crankcases etc. would the results be anything like what im seeing from riders with Jim's plates, ross' throttle bodies and lowell porting?

it just out of curiosity, i dont have near as much money for riva's intense mods

....i would say probably not, but that depends on what you're looking for... . For instance, to a certain point you gain top-end, then between handling mods and acceleration-only mods, one tends to compromise and /or put less emphasis on top speed. And that's not nec. a bad thing! Again it's what you're looking for based upon your riding style, area, conditions, and so on. Other's here will chim-in certainly.... .

I've got a hybrid stage-2 and spent the same amount for Riva's stage 1. And that is based on my needs, etc..
    Of course review the sticky above; some things are meant to work in concert with each other and other's you can substitite or break apart or consider not worth the money and be OK....

That may not answer your question/concern...but you have to be specific b/c for example, porting is gonna tweak your power band (the point where it comes-on the pipe/acceleration) and added maintenance issues, thereto, etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jim mcgreehan View Post
    ....i would say probably not, but that depends on what you're looking for... . For instance, to a certain point you gain top-end, then between handling mods and acceleration-only mods, one tends to compromise and /or put less emphasis on top speed. And that's not nec. a bad thing! Again it's what you're looking for based upon your riding style, area, conditions, and so on. Other's here will chim-in certainly.... .

I've got a hybrid stage-2 and spent the same amount for Riva's stage 1. And that is based on my needs, etc..
    Of course review the sticky above; some things are meant to work in concert with each other and other's you can substitite or break apart or consider not worth the money and be OK....

That may not answer your question/concern...but you have to be specific b/c for example, porting is gonna tweak your power band (the point where it comes-on the pipe/acceleration) and added maintenance issues, thereto, etc. etc.
    thanks i was just wondering though because riva sells plenty of parts, but in people sig's i always notice how the really fast skis have a lot of work put in them.

Just looking for the opinions of experienced riders

...no problem...the mods you listed on your 03, IMO, are a great place to start. In my case, I basically started there (I slowly added parts), and next if you wanted to 'flow the motor' more, modify your F/A or get a race filter and free-flow. However, be advised when you flow it more, you'll need more fuel and will prob. want a taller prop. The reason is you'll cavitate with the added low-end acceleration and throttle response that those 2 parts give you, and the motor will more than likely run lean around the same point of the power band/lower mid-range because it's flowing more there.

SO, get ready to spend money on an EFI

With a filter, FF and EFI, you're looking at about 700. Doesn't include the prop.

ENJOY!

Thread Information