+1

R&D CC Grate vs Worx Grate Comparison

I don't think anyone has done this comparison so I'm gonna see what I can do. I've been running the CC grate and I'm very happy with the hook up in the ruff and the gas mileage has definitely improved over stock and I feel like the handling has improved also. But the hole shot has been significantly reduced from stock.

So one day in the next week I'm going to go out and compare these two plus stock all back to back so the conditions are the same as possible.

Here are just some comparison pics to start with, the R&D is the top grate.

+1
    Look forward to your test.

I did not see much difference in hole shot with the Worx compared to moded stocker on X.
    When i moded my stocker i dont think i lost any holeshot compared to unmoded grate.

I did see some cavitation with R and D X grate so will be interesting to your findings.

+1
    My boat has a WICKED holeshot right now with whats done in my sig. I can only imagine what it will be like when Erik tweaks my prop!

+1
    OCman I'm going for a setup just like your's except adding a riva shorty most likely. After this testing the air intake will be going on as well.

This is my first test is there anything i should look for be besides holeshot, hook up, and top speed?

+1
    You have an X boat as well or?

this will be good to see. I have a mate that was looking at the c/c for his px and as I already have the worx on mine we were just gonna swap them over some day and compare. his is stock and mine has a couple of mods as in my sig. I look forward to seeing what you find and it might even sway my friend to buy one or the other. I am very happy with how the worx performs so far.
    What sort of water are you testing it in? Ocean or lake? waves or mill pond? And also keen to hear on any difference in fuel consumption between the r&d and worx

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    My boat has a WICKED holeshot right now with whats done in my sig. I can only imagine what it will be like when Erik tweaks my prop!

WORX is da bomb diggity!

+1
    RXT-X
    I have tested the stocker, moded stocker, Riva, Worx and regular R and D X intake grate.
    As far as gas consumption the stocker is by far the worse. The worx is better but still does suck the gas down. The others are beter then the worx on gas.
    Besides the gas consumption I love the X worx intake grate. It is by far the best all arround intake grate for all riding condtions and shines in the rough IMO.

I bet the new R and D will perform similar to the worx.

For those running the worx in X the front mount is thicker then other grates. It will hang down and not be flush so I reccomend to machine the front mount down so that the grate is flush. You can even see the difference in the pics above you posted on the worx being much thicker on the front mount.
    THe rear seems to fit much more flush as i did not machine the rear.

IN the pics above i can see where the R and D seems to close off the tunnel more in the rear and the wedge then the Worx which in my opinion is also the reason the regular R and D had some cavitation as it is setup with similar opening..

+1
    skoepp the cc grate does block off the rear part of the tunnel. When I mount it back on I will take a pic.

Thread Information