Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    RSM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    IN THE MED.....
    Posts
    74
    +1
    1

    Question New FOB Purchased...................FX HO 2004

    I have a question to ask here.............
    I just purchased an extra FOB from Yamaha for my 2004 FX HO 160 .........
    Will it work out of the box???? or do I have to do something???
    Is there a procedure I need to follow?
    Can I get some input on this replacement FOB to work for me....................

    Appreciate all the help!
    Thanks,



  2. #2
    RSM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    IN THE MED.....
    Posts
    74
    +1
    1

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by RSM View Post
    I have a question to ask here.............
    I just purchased an extra FOB from Yamaha for my 2004 FX HO 160 .........
    Will it work out of the box???? or do I have to do something???
    Is there a procedure I need to follow?
    Can I get some input on this replacement FOB to work for me....................

    Appreciate all the help!
    Thanks,

    Just for the info.........
    Works fine.............no programming needed!
    runs fine.............
    nice to have a spare!

    Rsm

  3. #3
    Looped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    262
    OK I'm really new here and totally new to waverunner mods but what is a "FOB"?

  4. #4
    Its the remote control for the security system

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    423
    +1
    7
    The remote works on any ski without programming?

    I was told by the delaer that they need to be programmed.

    Are you sure he isnt refering to the kill switch?

  6. #6
    RSM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    IN THE MED.....
    Posts
    74
    +1
    1
    hi,
    a fob..is an immobilizer de activation tool, that is matched to each individual ski.............you cant just take any fob and go starting any ski, im sure you undserstand, right!
    and yes, you need the YDS to program it to your ski.............
    I went thru this whole ordeal, when i purchased a new fob to have !

    hope all this helps..........
    RSM

  7. #7
    I wanna go fast perk_1405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    winnabow, nc
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by RSM View Post
    hi,
    a fob..is an immobilizer de activation tool, that is matched to each individual ski.............you cant just take any fob and go starting any ski, im sure you undserstand, right!
    and yes, you need the YDS to program it to your ski.............
    I went thru this whole ordeal, when i purchased a new fob to have !

    hope all this helps..........
    RSM

    how much was it if u dont mind me askin

  8. #8
    RSM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    IN THE MED.....
    Posts
    74
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by perk_1405 View Post
    how much was it if u dont mind me askin
    No problem..........
    I got it from a dealer in the UK........ENGLAND!
    For 55 gbp...........

    But I had to give him a copy of my registration of the ski........and copy of my id.........beurocratic crap!

    RSM

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by RSM View Post
    No problem..........
    I got it from a dealer in the UK........ENGLAND!
    For 55 gbp...........

    But I had to give him a copy of my registration of the ski........and copy of my id.........beurocratic crap!

    RSM
    Did you have to programme the FOB??? Could you tell me the dealer contact? I would like to buy one!! Thanks!!

  10. #10
    You might get lucky and find a remote that works with your ski, but the odds are like winning the lottery. It would sort of be like finding that your car FOB would open someone elses car. Usually a dealer has to program the ski to accept the frequency of each FOB. The Dealer uses a device that Yamaha calls an "Entry Box", which plugs into a connector in the front of the ski. Then he activates each remote (Yamaha skis can accept up to 5 different remote FOB codes), and the ski learns the code for each FOB.

    I've never seen one of the Entry Box devices outside of a dealership, and yes, the dealer is supposed to verify that you are the owner of the ski, before he programs a new remote. Otherwise, a ski thief could un-lock a stolen ski. So take your title with you when you go.

    A new remote (FOB) will cost around $150 in the states from a dealer, so you might look at picking up a used one someplace first.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. I'm back with a new ski 2013 FX-HO.
    By abracadabra in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 05-06-2015, 03:17 PM
  2. Potential 2004 FX HO Purchase
    By wsullivan in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-04-2013, 08:44 AM
  3. Need Help identifying a part on a YAMAHA FX HO 2004. LOTS OF OIL IN THE HULL....
    By ky3232 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-05-2013, 01:09 PM
  4. New FOB Purchased...................FX HO 2004
    By RSM in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2009, 08:11 AM
  5. Battery isolator switch...fx ho 2004
    By RSM in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 01:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •