Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Clarksburg, WV
    Posts
    609
    +1
    1

    Stuff to do near Holiday, FL?

    Going on a vacation to Holiday, FL in a few weeks. Wish i was taking my ski, but I can't cause I am going with the GFs parents. May be down there for two weeks.

    Is there anything to do down around there? Good bars? Good beaches? We plan on going to Busch Gardens but not really sure what there is down there other than that.

    -Aaron


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern Florida
    Posts
    5,589
    +1
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by akjose View Post
    Going on a vacation to Holiday, FL in a few weeks. Wish i was taking my ski, but I can't cause I am going with the GFs parents. May be down there for two weeks.

    Is there anything to do down around there? Good bars? Good beaches? We plan on going to Busch Gardens but not really sure what there is down there other than that.

    -Aaron
    Bring the ski...lot's of great riding that area.

  3. #3
    arsxlt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    131
    Not to much in holiday unless u bring your ski. U can take a short ride to tampa and theres alot more to do there. Holiday screams retirement lol

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Clarksburg, WV
    Posts
    609
    +1
    1
    I want to take it so bad. I drive a Jeep Wrangler which i dont want to drive cause i only get 14 mpg. They have a F150 or my GFs car which cant tow. I hate to ask them to tow it. I know it isnt much weight, it is just there frame of mind and they would probably consider it to cause bad gas mileage.

  5. #5
    arsxlt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    131
    I say take the wrangler!!! All the beaches around here, driving with the top off in the sun. And theres a few places like the sunshine skyway area where u can launch from the beach and the water there is beautiful. We ride there alot. Its about an hour or so from holiday but if you have a free day its well worth it. Theres also Dunedin causway which is alot closer. Not sure about holiday but if you come south a bit theres alot of nice water. The skyway is nice because theres alot of different water in a short distance. In 10min you can go from flat water by the bridge to wave jumping near shell island. Its awsome. Suck up that gas bill and bring it. And gas is only $2.35 here.

  6. #6
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,136
    +1
    822
    Bring the ski and Jeep, at least the ski!! You will regret it if you don't. I lived in Holiday, now in Trinity and not a lot to do in the direct area other than maybe Bare Assets in Holiday . There is a nice park in Holiday with shelters, beach, grills, and boat ramp, just watch the current at times, it can be bad. The park there is very nice and you can ride all around Anclote island, north sandbar, south sand bar, 3 Rooker, Caladesi Island and then over to Shepards. When are you coming down? I may be able to take you guys on a tour of our normal riding areas.
    Busch Gardens and Adventure Island across the street make for a good couple of days. Sneak away with the GF to Ybor City one night. The day time is good to walk around too and eat at Spaghetti Warehouse, good stuff.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anclote Park.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	143233   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anclote2.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	140.4 KB 
ID:	143234  

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Clarksburg, WV
    Posts
    609
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Bring the ski and Jeep, at least the ski!! You will regret it if you don't. I lived in Holiday, now in Trinity and not a lot to do in the direct area other than maybe Bare Assets in Holiday . There is a nice park in Holiday with shelters, beach, grills, and boat ramp, just watch the current at times, it can be bad. The park there is very nice and you can ride all around Anclote island, north sandbar, south sand bar, 3 Rooker, Caladesi Island and then over to Shepards. When are you coming down? I may be able to take you guys on a tour of our normal riding areas.
    Busch Gardens and Adventure Island across the street make for a good couple of days. Sneak away with the GF to Ybor City one night. The day time is good to walk around too and eat at Spaghetti Warehouse, good stuff.
    I'll be down there on the 10th until the 13th or possibly the 21st if we stay both weeks. I'll run the ideas by everyone, see what they say. They already think i am nuts for driving a vehicle that gets 14 mpg.

  8. #8
    arsxlt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by akjose View Post
    They already think i am nuts for driving a vehicle that gets 14 mpg.
    Yea but you'll be the one laughing when there all complaining it's so hot and your out on your ski . Right now its about 95deg where im at.

  9. #9
    Chaserxp215's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Grosse Pointe, MI
    Posts
    943
    drive the jeep!!! my ex at this point... her parents hated me when i drove over there with my wrangler with the doors off and top off. "because it was too dangerous" Drive the thing who cares, you are going out with the girl and not the parents, if she doesnt care then ooo well for the parents. They may be inlaws one day, ur supposed to hate them hahaha. Just my 2 cents.

  10. #10
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,136
    +1
    822
    Quote Originally Posted by akjose View Post
    I'll be down there on the 10th until the 13th or possibly the 21st if we stay both weeks. I'll run the ideas by everyone, see what they say. They already think i am nuts for driving a vehicle that gets 14 mpg.
    If your here the 15th or 16th let me know. I'll take you through the typical 50-60 mile loop we do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Good places to ride near flager beach fl.
    By The Shadow in forum Southeast
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-29-2014, 07:55 AM
  2. WTB 2005+ GP1300R - Near Tampa, FL - Cash in hand ready to buy!
    By Gus13letter in forum Yamaha 2 Stroke Skis
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 11:34 PM
  3. What not to do with your RXP
    By Green Hulk in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 10:20 PM
  4. What to do if your supercharger clutch disentigrates!
    By Green Hulk in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 09:45 PM
  5. deep scratches in rxps hull on bottom WHAT to do?
    By macattack in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-23-2005, 09:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •