Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pro 1200 go fast tips and tricks?

have had a few skis in the past but nothing worth playing with in a performance aspect.......Just picked up a 1050 and pro 1200 this year and am looking for info on building this thing up, is it worth the time? and what is the limit on this motor? what are we looking at for HP when its all said and done? From what I know now its stock other than a intake grate. My two biggest questions are........ What is the most cc this motor can make? I havent seen any big bores for it so is it worth stroking? And the second is what kind of power increase is there when adding the triple pipes? I am a die hard sledder and know that 3 holes in to a single pipe is a killer but at the same time when you would triple pipe a sled you also spin it from 8000-9000 rpm.....thanks for the answers in advance!!!!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Have a look through the Polaris projects forum. There have been some impressive builds described.

The Matrix 1200 triple piped engine puts out 200+HP, and there are some 1350cc big bores around.

There may even be a built motor or two available. Have look in the Classifieds...

What are you looking for? Top speed, or acceleration?

well alittle of both.........just all around performance from bottom to top.....where do I start?

+1
    1)

A tiny bit more timing

A little bit more compression

Aftermarket reed petals

6* wedge

Rideplate

Tweak or new prop to match

You'll have a bangin' little rec boat....

OR...

2)

Get a set of triples

One piece head cover

CDI

OR...

1 AND 2.....

RizzO
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post
    1)

A tiny bit more timing

A little bit more compression

Aftermarket reed petals

6* wedge

Rideplate

You'll have a bangin' little rec boat....

OR...

2)

Get a set of triples

One piece head cover

CDI

OR...

1 AND 2.....

Right on!!
    #1 is my goal for now,
    re-curved cdi, and domes from randy(Watcon) and V-Force reeds Thanks to Lugs785.

What would be A good prop to get for these mods?
    and
    Would the 6 degree wedge make that much of a difference (what would it do for me)?

part 2, is going to get done over this winter (that is if i can find some good 1200 pipes before years end). Yahoo
    Last edited by rizzo7883; 07-24-2009 at 05:50 PM. Reason: opps

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rizzo7883 View Post
    Right on!!

What would be A good prop to get for these mods?
    and

Would the 6 degree wedge make that much of a difference (what would it do for me)?

Yahoo
    As far as the prop goes, your best bet is to do the other mods and wait and see where you're at. See what your RPM's are after the mods and just get a feel for how she's performing all around, and then you have something to work with. I prefer the Nu-Jet props. It's just a personal preference. Usually, as an example, after adding some timing and compression, reeds, and freeing up the hull a little bit, you can go from a 7.0 to a 7.5 and pick up some good speed. Again, this is just an example and not a sure thing in EVERY situation.

As far as the 6* wedge goes, I personally would get one. I feel the 1200 is fairly "planted" in the water. I usually ride in fairly flat water and the first things I would do in MY situation is add the 6* wedge AND a rideplate that further "loosens" up the hull. I bet you pick up close to 2 MPH with the wedge and a rideplate.

What kind of water conditions do you ride most of the time?
    Last edited by CrazyA; 07-26-2009 at 03:26 PM.

+1
    I bought my Pro1200 new in 2001 and had the same questions. I wanted better throttle response and a quicker handling hull. I have 1)Hot Seat heads, 2)VForce reeds, 3)Watcon rideplate, 4)Polaris race sponsons, 5)Skat stock impeller. My peak RPMs run in the low 6800s and on a good air day high 6800s. These mods have made the boat quicker and more agile without sacrificing reliability (as long as 92 octane fuel is used). What I really like is this motor and hull perform consistently regardless of fuel load or air density.

RizzO
    +1
    Great Thanks for the info...

thanks for the info guys......Where can I get a wedge and about the reeds...... Im a die hard snowmobile guy as well and have read about people using the Polaris 900 Fusion reeds......Anyone tried a set of V-force reeds for a fusion in these motors? Any one got a one peice head lying around that there not using anymore?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegofastgarage View Post
    thanks for the info guys......Where can I get a wedge and about the reeds...... Im a die hard snowmobile guy as well and have read about people using the Polaris 900 Fusion reeds......Anyone tried a set of V-force reeds for a fusion in these motors? Any one got a one peice head lying around that there not using anymore?
    The 1200's can use the V-force 3 reeds [V3132-883A-2] for the 2006 600 H.O. Fusion snowmobile without modification.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information