Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Riva Stage 1 question 2004 GTX

I just received me kit yesterday and installed the grate, wedge, and impeller. I ran out of time this morning, but I did get the new power filter tube in place and this leads me to thinking... Is there a downside to leaving the front half of the old air set up in place? I took the rear half out and put in the new tube and there won't be any interference with the front half. Is there a drawback? The only thing I can think of is weight.

Thanks!

some people may suggest you'll get better cool air flow directly to the filter is you remove it completely, i ran the riva intake for a bit with the stock airbox still in place and got the performance i was looking for, so i dont think it is a big deal. now i just run 4" kanaflex right over the top of the tank so it doesn't matter anyway.

+1
    First--you will not obtain the Riva's advertised speed of 67 MPH with their Stage One kit for your non intercooled GTX 185 HP. You need to install the Riva rear air kit for the RXP. This will really wake your boat up and be able to obtain 67 MPH.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabo View Post
    I just received me kit yesterday and installed the grate, wedge, and impeller. I ran out of time this morning, but I did get the new power filter tube in place and this leads me to thinking... Is there a downside to leaving the front half of the old air set up in place? I took the rear half out and put in the new tube and there won't be any interference with the front half. Is there a drawback? The only thing I can think of is weight.

Thanks!
    I run with my old oem front...half, still in place. Keeps the bungies tight...and still have a place for the rectifier to bolt to.

Sounds good to me, looks like I'll just leave it in place. It is not doing any harm up there. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    First--you will not obtain the Riva's advertised speed of 67 MPH with their Stage One kit for your non intercooled GTX 185 HP. You need to install the Riva rear air kit for the RXP. This will really wake your boat up and be able to obtain 67 MPH.
    So, what would be the true speed gain from a Riva stage one kit on a GTX 185? I have a non technical friend with one who wants more accelaration and speed. Is the kit worth it??

Cheers

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris52 View Post
    So, what would be the true speed gain from a Riva stage one kit on a GTX 185? I have a non technical friend with one who wants more accelaration and speed. Is the kit worth it??

Cheers

Chris.
    I'll let you know, I am hoping to test it this weekend. My stock 2004 GTX has a top speed of 63.2mph on a GPS. Most of the time it hovers some where between 61-62 mph. I also added the opas block off kit and filled the rideplate holes. I am not sure what to expect with all these mods. Check back on this thread.

-Jamie

Sounds good to me, looks like I'll just leave it in place. It is not doing any harm up there. Thanks!
    since you will not be drawing any fresh air thru the box the voltage regulator will get hot and not cool as designed. There should be a bracket suppilied with the kit to relocate the regulator to the front removable cover to at least let air circulate around it...

if you still want to keep the front portion of the box installed in the ski, flip the regulator over so the cooling fins are up, might have to change out the screws to do that...

if you want to remove the front portion and keep tension on the tank straps, get some (I think) 4" PVC plastic pipe couplings and place them under the straps. I don`t have any pictures immediately available, but I`m sure If you do and advanced search you will find someones set up, if not I could find them later...

I'll let you know, I am hoping to test it this weekend. My stock 2004 GTX has a top speed of 63.2mph on a GPS. Most of the time it hovers some where between 61-62 mph. I also added the opas block off kit and filled the rideplate holes. I am not sure what to expect with all these mods. Check back on this thread.

-Jamie
    Thanks Jamie, look forward to seeig your results.

Cheers

Chris.

Ok, I did some testing today. Before the stage 1 install I was at 7650rpm at less than full throttle. I was hitting the limiter at that rpm and speed was a pretty consistent 61-62pmh (gps). Now with the Riva Stage 1 kit installed my rpm's are down to 6950 at full throttle and 62-63mph, 63.8 top speed (gps). Now today was very choppy and not a good testing day. I kept hopping out of the water in the chop, I am assuming that is from the wedge, and I couldn't stay hooked. I thought that the Riva grate would funnel more water into the pump? It feels like when I am driving my boat with the trim up too high, just keeps jumping out of the water.

Are you guys running the wedge?

How do I get my rpm's back up to 7600?

By the way, I did 5 runs at 0-50mph in the chop and averaged 4.8 seconds. How does that compare to everyone else?

Thanks,
    -Jamie

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information