07-24-2009, 04:48 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jul 2009
Looking for helpful tips to install my Riva stage 1 kit.
Does anyone know what is involved with the installation of the Riva stage 1 kit? Is there anything to watch out for? Is there any special instructions for this installation? What is the next and least most expensive modification that I can do aside from OPAS block offs and sponsons.
07-24-2009, 04:51 PM #2
07-24-2009, 05:13 PM #3
- Join Date
- May 2008
Fill the rideplate holes and DIY 160 thermostat mod.
07-24-2009, 06:09 PM #4
Welcome to GH Scotty!!!!When installing the Riva Stage 1 kit,It is pretty easy to do..The one thing that can and will be a pain in the ass is when removing the OEM air intake..Make sure you take your time and watch what your tugging on..The wiring harness is atteached to it so make sure you have the harness completely undone before pulling the airbox out.Other than that the rest is fairly easy..Like the boys had previosly said..You will benefit more by going to a 4 inch air intake VS the Riva..BUT if your buying the kit then youll be OK..Also look up "Freebee mods"..There is alot of things you can do for little or no money that will help in the performance of your ski..Good luck and be safe!!!
07-24-2009, 09:57 PM #5
How's this for service!
1. Fill ride plate holes
2. sand ride plate smooth after the holes are filled
3. Smooth out and or replace the silicone between the ride plate and hull (permatex Right Stuff)
4. wax your hull
5. cut the protrusion off of your reverse bucket
6. change your plugs yearly
7. check your oil level ( use correct procedure IAW owners manual )
8. cut the wings off of your X-boat stock grate
9. tweek your own impeller ( I'd rather pay an expert like Erik at SpeedFreeksRacing)
10. Check all bolts and nuts for tightness
11. Remove the nose cone from your impeller
12. Remove the flame arrestor from your intake manifold through the throttle body
1. Add a bilge pump or 2 for you really anal dudes
2. buy a new impeller
3. 4" Kanaflex intake
4. add a water strainer (for IC and manifold) with a shutoff valve for emergency towing
5. get a GPS - the dream-o-meter is off by 4-8 mph and stops at 70
** See "HOW TO" section for bilge pump, strainer, and 4" intake install. ALso several other great how to article's to get smart on!
07-25-2009, 05:36 AM #6
07-25-2009, 06:54 AM #7
07-25-2009, 08:15 AM #8
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Stoffa17 in forum 2-Stroke PerformanceReplies: 4Last Post: 01-10-2008, 03:17 PM
By mstewart in forum Sea Doo Sport BoatsReplies: 19Last Post: 12-16-2007, 10:54 AM
By MIARider in forum SoutheastReplies: 3Last Post: 09-21-2007, 11:25 AM
By GP1300RnPVB in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 17Last Post: 09-01-2007, 05:16 PM
By excess in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 4Last Post: 06-16-2006, 07:01 PM