Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Looking for helpful tips to install my Riva stage 1 kit.

    Does anyone know what is involved with the installation of the Riva stage 1 kit? Is there anything to watch out for? Is there any special instructions for this installation? What is the next and least most expensive modification that I can do aside from OPAS block offs and sponsons.


  2. #2
    Install a diy 4" air intake instead of the riva 3".

  3. #3
    Fill the rideplate holes and DIY 160 thermostat mod.

  4. #4
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by Knottyscotty View Post
    Does anyone know what is involved with the installation of the Riva stage 1 kit? Is there anything to watch out for? Is there any special instructions for this installation? What is the next and least most expensive modification that I can do aside from OPAS block offs and sponsons.

    Welcome to GH Scotty!!!!When installing the Riva Stage 1 kit,It is pretty easy to do..The one thing that can and will be a pain in the ass is when removing the OEM air intake..Make sure you take your time and watch what your tugging on..The wiring harness is atteached to it so make sure you have the harness completely undone before pulling the airbox out.Other than that the rest is fairly easy..Like the boys had previosly said..You will benefit more by going to a 4 inch air intake VS the Riva..BUT if your buying the kit then youll be OK..Also look up "Freebee mods"..There is alot of things you can do for little or no money that will help in the performance of your ski..Good luck and be safe!!!

  5. #5
    JT jpt7779's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Texas Lake Bob Sandlin
    Posts
    3,851
    +1
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by Knottyscotty View Post
    Does anyone know what is involved with the installation of the Riva stage 1 kit? Is there anything to watch out for? Is there any special instructions for this installation? What is the next and least most expensive modification that I can do aside from OPAS block offs and sponsons.

    How's this for service!

    Free mods:

    1. Fill ride plate holes
    2. sand ride plate smooth after the holes are filled
    3. Smooth out and or replace the silicone between the ride plate and hull (permatex Right Stuff)
    4. wax your hull
    5. cut the protrusion off of your reverse bucket
    6. change your plugs yearly
    7. check your oil level ( use correct procedure IAW owners manual )
    8. cut the wings off of your X-boat stock grate
    9. tweek your own impeller ( I'd rather pay an expert like Erik at SpeedFreeksRacing)
    10. Check all bolts and nuts for tightness
    11. Remove the nose cone from your impeller
    12. Remove the flame arrestor from your intake manifold through the throttle body

    Smart Mods:

    1. Add a bilge pump or 2 for you really anal dudes
    2. buy a new impeller
    3. 4" Kanaflex intake
    4. add a water strainer (for IC and manifold) with a shutoff valve for emergency towing
    5. get a GPS - the dream-o-meter is off by 4-8 mph and stops at 70

    ** See "HOW TO" section for bilge pump, strainer, and 4" intake install. ALso several other great how to article's to get smart on!

  6. #6
    nini engineering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Croatia & Germany
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    How's this for service!

    Free mods:

    1. Fill ride plate holes
    2. sand ride plate smooth after the holes are filled
    3. Smooth out and or replace the silicone between the ride plate and hull (permatex Right Stuff)
    4. wax your hull
    5. cut the protrusion off of your reverse bucket
    6. change your plugs yearly
    7. check your oil level ( use correct procedure IAW owners manual )
    8. cut the wings off of your X-boat stock grate
    9. tweek your own impeller ( I'd rather pay an expert like Erik at SpeedFreeksRacing)
    10. Check all bolts and nuts for tightness
    11. Remove the nose cone from your impeller
    12. Remove the flame arrestor from your intake manifold through the throttle body

    Smart Mods:

    1. Add a bilge pump or 2 for you really anal dudes
    2. buy a new impeller
    3. 4" Kanaflex intake
    4. add a water strainer (for IC and manifold) with a shutoff valve for emergency towing
    5. get a GPS - the dream-o-meter is off by 4-8 mph and stops at 70

    ** See "HOW TO" section for bilge pump, strainer, and 4" intake install. ALso several other great how to article's to get smart on!

    "fill the rideplate holes!"
    what is the best thing to use? i think about fiberglass or liquid metal...!
    THANKS

  7. #7
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,134
    +1
    821
    Quote Originally Posted by nini engineering View Post
    "fill the rideplate holes!"
    what is the best thing to use? i think about fiberglass or liquid metal...!
    THANKS
    Best thing to use is the search button....... or you can jus use the weld putty.
    Here is the how to http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ight=rideplate

  8. #8
    nini engineering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Croatia & Germany
    Posts
    149
    Thanks a lot...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Installed A Riva Stage II kit on my 2016 RXTX 300
    By dpracing in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-20-2016, 11:23 PM
  2. WTB ANGLED EXHAUST Tip for RXP (mounts to thru hull RIVA or RUDE tip)
    By snowrunner in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 07:38 PM
  3. looking for help with my gpr
    By Horus in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-08-2010, 05:16 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 11:25 AM
  5. How much to install RXT riva stage 1?
    By tchfall15 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2007, 12:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •