97 SPX to XP Hull Swap

I have 97 spx and i am going to swap hulls to a 97 xp hull, i am wondering how the drive shaft hook up to the xp. does anyone have some pictures? on my spx the shaft is solid with splines that go into the rear plate. the 97 xp is different with the engine being so far forward. it has what looks like an attachment that goes into a rubber bushing of some sort. has anyone done this kind of hull swap, would like to here how it went and any suggestion. can email me at [email protected].

I'm all out of favors!!
    why would you want a 97 xp? you have to change the pto from the spline type to a coupler type.

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    Don't waste your time.. the power to weight ratio on the spx is alot better than a 97xp. Those hulls are only good for cruising in chop, they ride nice but suck in the performance dept with a 800 in them...

i got rid of the 97xp for a 99xpl (work in progress). i have never rode a xpl but i wont forget the 97 felt too heavy in the front end. but it does ride great in chop, the lake that i ride on here on a weekend its so choppy its not funny. i dont how the spx hulls are on speed but i know the 96 xp hulls are awesome. thats a good question that i would like to know witch hull is faster the 96xp or the spx??

Quote Originally Posted by pwc-loser View Post
    i got rid of the 97xp for a 99xpl (work in progress). i have never rode a xpl but i wont forget the 97 felt too heavy in the front end. but it does ride great in chop, the lake that i ride on here on a weekend its so choppy its not funny. i dont how the spx hulls are on speed but i know the 96 xp hulls are awesome. thats a good question that i would like to know witch hull is faster the 96xp or the spx??
    Its the exact same hull with the exact same engine. So pretty much depends on the ski.

thats what i thought but i wouldn't have put it by seadoo to do something retarded like that.

Quote Originally Posted by pwc-loser View Post
    thats what i thought but i wouldn't have put it by seadoo to do something retarded like that.
    Well the XP did have mirrors/more gauges so they weren't exactly the same bike, but the hull's were def the same.

Thread Information