Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ^^^ I took that Pic!^^^ PixxByTango's Avatar

2009 SHO Cruiser... Dead Again!! 49.2 hours!

Yep... one more time! This is actually the fourth time this ski has died without cause, without any explanation. The last time it did this, I jiggled the reverse gate and it started again. This time it did nothing. No fuel, and no spark.... no cable out of adjustment. NOTHING! I wanted to leave the Piece of Shit out in the Atlantic and let the Yamaha Dealer go recover it.

Any ideas? I am about to Lemon this thing if it does it one more time. I love this ski, but if I cannot trust it... I am DONE!

Luckily... the Tybee Island Ocean Rescue Team came to my aid and towed me to a Mooring Buoy. I tied the ski off and they ran me 8 miles via their jetski (Yes, I was towed by a Kawasuki) back to the dock. I then drove into town to the beachfront where they used the UTV to bring me my Ski.

These are the same guys and Gals that will be helping with the Tybee100 PWC race September 12th. They are all PWC enthusiasts!

+1
    Sorry about all the trouble bud. If there was not enough play in the throttle cable the engine would at least turn over, but just not start. The ski will still start in reverse so that shouldn't have anything to do with it. Has the dealer looked at it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    Sorry about all the trouble bud. If there was not enough play in the throttle cable the engine would at least turn over, but just not start. The ski will still start in reverse so that shouldn't have anything to do with it. Has the dealer looked at it yet?

Nope. Dropping it off tomorrow... on a Saturday when I have a girl who wants to go RIDE!

+1
    That sucks Pixx.

I would prioritize the fix as opposed to the lemon law. It's controversial as to whether this law even applies to anything besides passenger autos.

This is from my experience with snowmobiles. About the only thing that happens is you MIGHT get them to swap the ski for a new one but that is very rare.

Good luck!

+1
    WTH? Sorry to hear this hope you get it sorted out...

Turns out the factory wiring harness has failed. The tech did a number of ohms tests and many failed due to too high of resistance. The relay box also failed. So what I have is a ground issue that has caused the failure. There is no way to fix it immediately as the harness costs $750 and the dealer had to have factory authorization to have it replaced. So it will be next week sometime.

If for nothing else... it was due for the 50hr service, and now its there. Sucks cause the weekend is projected for great weather and I will not be out in it.

Quote Originally Posted by PixxByTango View Post
    Turns out the factory wiring harness has failed. The tech did a number of ohms tests and many failed due to too high of resistance. The relay box also failed. So what I have is a ground issue that has caused the failure. There is no way to fix it immediately as the harness costs $750 and the dealer had to have factory authorization to have it replaced. So it will be next week sometime.

If for nothing else... it was due for the 50hr service, and now its there. Sucks cause the weekend is projected for great weather and I will not be out in it.
    i wonder if thats whats wrong with my buddies ski a ground was loose and was causing the fuel pump to go on and off

+1
    If this was his EXACT terminology, and you understand it to be what they are blaming, I'd be worried.

Turns out the factory wiring harness has failed. The tech did a number of ohms tests and many failed due to too high of resistance.
    Also, when you had to "jiggle" the reverse lever to get it to crank, did you take it in, and have that looked at?

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    If this was his EXACT terminology, and you understand it to be what they are blaming, I'd be worried.

Also, when you had to "jiggle" the reverse lever to get it to crank, did you take it in, and have that looked at?
    I was at the dealership later today and watched the engine start and then cut off when the harness was moved by hand, indicating a break in the wire internally. The relay to control the fuel pump remained on even after the system powered down.

So... what to do? Let them replace the entire harness and move along...?

+1
    Under warranty? Replace it. It's over $1000 just for that one harness.

It's probably only one wire, or two at most...but good luck finding it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information