Wtf... Going insane here

This PX buck issue has got me going nuts... literally!

I just got the b-kit (equal to rude 1 I gather?) along with a 4 inch intake (thanks FIZZLE, great kit) and a remap.

My strategy was to use the 3 blade to keep speeds down to avoid the buck... but now it seems like it's a balance.

I put the b-kit on my boat with the other goodies and 4 blade prop... the hole shot is completely different, good with the b-kit but not even as strong as the 3 blade and stock ECU w/ 3 inch air intake.

On a quick test ride tonight at dusk I saw a very easy 76.5 with the 4 blade however the 4 blade out of the hole is soooo much different then the 3 blade. It's hard to explain to those who have'nt tried both.

This was a very quick GPS speed run / test.... and the boat did not EVEN stay hooked like it did with the 3 blade. HUGE difference and for what I ride very unstable... I could cut through massive chop with the 3 blade,... not with the 4 blade.

I want the 3 blade, don't want the top speeds a 4 blade can give me, but at the same time don't wan't to buck the PX.

+1
    If you can deal with the fact that a 4 blade with the same mods as you will be faster than you on top end, you'll be OK.

Remember, he has to catch you to pass you, because you will be at top speed before him & that 1 - 1.5 mph difference isn't going to matter in small chop & higher....

It's the thrust at any given area of the power band that gets you hooked!

thanks for the input.... much appreciated... THE MAIN GOAL IS NOT to go over the bars....yet still win in the 1/4 or less

Quote Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
    thanks for the input.... much appreciated... THE MAIN GOAL IS NOT to go over the bars....yet still win in the 1/4 or less
    You should really HOLD ON the handle bars tight when you go riding

What intake grate are you running? I can throttle chop at 78 and am not going anywhere. Plus no bucking to 84mph. Your pump is overstuffing. Do a search on how to get around it. Sorry -have to go .....

Brendan

+1
    Yes, R&D grate is the one to have to help prevent the buck.

nice to see you went with the b-kit there realtor. Let us know when you do a run withthe three blade in it. I have just got my adjustable nozzle and am playing with it and the effect it has from stock. Didn't notice much drop in rpm from stock 87 to the 83 ring, gonna try the 82 hopefully today.

I am sending my three blade off for another tweak as it still touches 8200 withthe three blade prop. but gotta love that arm wrenched from the sockets sort of acceleration the three blade gives.

Quote Originally Posted by CHANDY View Post
    nice to see you went with the b-kit there realtor. Let us know when you do a run withthe three blade in it. I have just got my adjustable nozzle and am playing with it and the effect it has from stock. Didn't notice much drop in rpm from stock 87 to the 83 ring, gonna try the 82 hopefully today.

I am sending my three blade off for another tweak as it still touches 8200 withthe three blade prop. but gotta love that arm wrenched from the sockets sort of acceleration the three blade gives.

Chandy - fyi if you plan on running faster in the near future, I would highly recommend you try to stay 83mm or wider.... unless you can find a proven pressure relief system for the pump. I have heard some horror stories with the tighter rings. I say do a repitch first.

Just my .02

Brendan

X2 on the smaller ring. I was told in certain terms nothing under 83.

Sitting on my ski right now. Just did 74.6 with 10 gallons of fuel in just under a quarter mile while all over the
    limiter. Prop needs tweking. I am running an 83 mm ring. 14 lbs of boost.

Ski pulls like mad.... Getting close.

advice noted thanks guys. I did try the 82mm with the stock four blade in it and gained slightly. got to 74.2 @ 8040rpm on 71deg water and about 75deg air(it is winter here after all)but my plan is to stick with a nozzle size around the 84mm or 83mm. I want to keep most of the low down punch for riding in the ocean.just have to wait for my three blade to come back to me and keep tryin.

Thread Information