Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Angry Is it worth buying a RXP

Is it worth buying a RXP, it just has so many downsides. Any comments. Any suggestions to what skis are better for the money

Quote Originally Posted by morf View Post
    Is it worth buying a RXP, it just has so many downsides. Any comments. Any suggestions to what skis are better for the money
    THE ONLY SKI BETTER THAN AN RXP IS A TUNED RXP

+1
    i disagree with your stmt abt so many downsides. Only the washers need replacing and you're home free.

but if i were buying a new ski it would be the yami FZR.

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    fzr

it's all in preference.. I honestly probably wouldn't get an rxp.. just because I don't like the feel of the seat, and the way it feels overall..

that's why I put the rxp engine in a GPR

Go to a yamaha dealer.. seadoo..etc. and ask to checkout the skis.. some places let you test ride them!

Quote Originally Posted by dav_dman View Post
    i disagree with your stmt.

but if i were buying a new ski it would be the yami FZR.
    ive been lucky enough to play on a FZR.. and i have to say its smooth,eats chop for fun and very comfortable.DID find it a liittle slow out the hole.Turns great too,gona be a year or two before the mods become afordable,along with lots of no how.Thats when i would look into buying one,untill then im staying put.

My buddy has a Yamaha FX Cruiser High Output, i wouldn't buy it for anything. Right now im looking to buy a RXP 05, but there are just too many probs with the sc.

What dont you like about the HO?

+1
    Skis are a very preferential thing. Its like asking why some people prefer BMW to Merc or vice versa???? They just do. Why do some people prefer living on 1 side of a town to the other or want to live in a big city opposed to the country???? I have riden a few other skis and I gota say overall I would keep my rxp but the Yamahas i have riden are better in chop but felt abit numb in the turns albeit compared to a race setup rxp. I gota also say I have been made to look slow in a straight line out on the sea by a 250 and 260x before now. How much fuel do you want to use???? There are far better skis on the market for lower fuel consumption than the rxp.

If it were me I would try and ride a few different modles in the same conditions you ride in mostly, buy 1 that you like the look of and like the ride of. Skis arnt like fat birds!!! they cant just be a good ride gota look good too lol R88

It just dosn't feel right, i like smaller more nimble skis

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by morf View Post
    Right now im looking to buy a RXP 05, but there are just too many probs with the sc.
    The SC are reliable if you fitt metal washers and maintain them by checking slip at regular intervals but with a stock SC you dont have many worries. I ran my stock SC for 60 hours without taking it out then 1 day I lost power and had to have it re-built. If you consider it as a service item then it is fine if you want it to be ok for as long as the ski will last then your gona be pissed when it goes bad. R88

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information