Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: mod troubles...

mod troubles...

Hey guys sorry its long. I just got my ski back from the shop... I got a xcharger, jfizzles intercooler, water strainer, speed freeks mount, catch can, 15/20r impeller, riva intake grate, rrfpr, 42s, custom 4" air. The shop couldnt put the speedfreeks mount on the ski because of space... while riding in the chop i hear a thump coming down one time but i thought it was the landing. my top rmp in a flat was about 7500... got to my lagoon and i could only idle the ski wouldnt catch... took off the seats and saw water filled half way up the waterbox... what could this be from? the water coming in the hull and not being able to go faster than idle

Mike

+1
    Does it just spin when you give it gas? Sounds like the carbon seal or bellow. Also take a look at the nose cone on the impellar and make sure it didd'nt walk up hte shaft and throw the seal out of alignment. Also make sure your engone is tight and you dont have broken motor mounts.

yeah it spins when I give some gas and i go no where... im also running the rrfpr at 60 psi for now just need advise on what pressure... thanks speedskixp ill check that stuff out tomorrow

Banned User
    well i have a question how did they mount the intercooler if the speedfreaks mount wasnt used??

he used the bracket provided from the intercooler but as of now i should probably go with a through hull for the space... ill post pictures tomorrow...

+1
    It looks like the SF mount is in there. So what mount are you talking about? The intercooler is not attached to it the SF mount, but its there. That maybe your noise, the intercooler hitting the hull. You may have a boost leak. Also, the exhaust hose looks pinched off between the intercooler pipes a little. Not liking the install job, myself, but that just me.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    It looks like the SF mount is in there. So what mount are you talking about? The intercooler is not attached to it the SF mount, but its there. That maybe your noise, the intercooler hitting the hull. You may have a boost leak. Also, the exhaust hose looks pinched off between the intercooler pipes a little. Not liking the install job, myself, but that just me.
    The mount is the one that comes with the jfizzle intercooler he put the sp thing in there. I dont think it is a boost leak because i havent teaked the rrfpr to the right psi, its at 60 still... The exhaust is a problem and I am considering a through hull but i dont want it to be louder... Ive spoke to a couple people and they think its the carbon seal

+1
    By the looks of things I would be willing to bet that something is touching your carbon seal or bellow causing it not to seal.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post

Yeah, I dont like the way they did the install either. The SF bracket is in there but not even really being utilized. I would double check all the water lines. I also noticed what looks like the exhaust hose rubbing on the SF intercooler bracket, which can cut through it. I also noticed some water on the bottom of the strainer and bailer lines. Like others said could also be the carbon seal. Back the ski into the water while on the trailer and see if you see any incomming water into the hull. If not start it up and see what happens.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information