Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

What mods should I put on my RXP-X?

As some probably know, I just picked up a new RXP-X this week. Really dig the ski, like everything about the stock feel. I'm going to leave it stock until about 10 hours and then want to jump into some of the easy bolt on mods. I'm trying to put together a list of stuff to grab when the time comes. Things I'm looking at include:

4" air intake (may the Jfizzle deal)
    Intake grate (not sure if R&D, Riva, Worx)
    Prop (repitched stock or maybe one of the tweaked Solas props)
    Rideplate holes filled / Reverse bucket mod

Others I'm interested in finding out more about:
    Riva OEM Intake Manifold Upgrade Kit
    Any other minor mods that I'm unaware of

I don't want to get into other SCs at this point. Just want to try and unlock some of the RXP-X's potential which maintaining that stock feel/performance. I thought I would throw this out there and see what "kit" recommendations you guys would offer. Thanks.

+1
    Put a stock 215 nozzel on it too. Between that and the ride plate holes, I picked up .5 mph.
    At mudbugs, on the way back to the ramp from gros marine, 3 bars of fuel, I ran 74.9. Mods are solas 15/22 with custom pitch, 215 nozzel, ride plate holes filled, R&D 1st version grate, and 2 degree wedge. I am planning on doing the 4 in intake and repitch this winter. Hoping for 76-77 when the weather is cooler. We'll see.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    Put a stock 215 nozzel on it too. Between that and the ride plate holes, I picked up .5 mph.
    At mudbugs, on the way back to the ramp from gros marine, 3 bars of fuel, I ran 74.9. Mods are solas 15/22 with custom pitch, 215 nozzel, ride plate holes filled, R&D 1st version grate, and 2 degree wedge. I am planning on doing the 4 in intake and repitch this winter. Hoping for 76-77 when the weather is cooler. We'll see.
    I'm concerned about doing things like wedges and reduced nozzles as it seems that things like that would impact the holeshot and hookup as it is in stock form. Does it not?

+1
    I think you already read Mpowers thread. I want to get an adjustable nozzle. I have not filled ride plate holes and or smoothed out bottom of the ski and my stock prop is untouched. Im currently running 72 and my ski has a KILLER holeshot.

I think after my prop is tweaked Ill be around 74 with the stock nozzle.

The grate change and the 4in intake are pretty cheap and you will FEEL the difference when you take the ski out.

+1
    Nice speed for those mods Kirk!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    I'm concerned about doing things like wedges and reduced nozzles as it seems that things like that would impact the holeshot and hookup as it is in stock form. Does it not?
    The difference in holeshot is hardly noticable but it does not hook up in chop like the stock grate. I really want to try the Worx grate!

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Nice speed for those mods Kirk!!
    Thanks. I am amazied everytime I ride it. Never have I spent so little and gain so much. I can't wait for winter so I can install the 4 in air intake.

+1
    The difference in holeshot is hardly noticable but it does not hook up in chop like the stock grate. I really want to try the Worx grate!

Thanks. I am amazied everytime I ride it. Never have I spent so little and gain so much. I can't wait for winter so I can install the 4 in air intake.
    Pretty awesome machines right out of the box and a few mods and they come to life.

Sorry to hijack Jarrett and I think your list looks good. Very similar to my T-X but I am running riva ic relocation and stock gutted box out the back. I do have the filter removed from mani.
    I can run arround 73 mph in the Texas heat and 75 + in cool winter.

+1
    Jarret, I was just going to say when you drop the 4In intake in the ski you may as well perform the other mods while you have all of the hoses out of the way etc.

I took my intercooler out when I put the Groco on but you may can do it without.

All Charger and Exhaust Hoses, Throttle body and Intercooler and you can doo all these mods at once so you dont have to go back in there for a while.

Manifold Filter, Free Flow Pipe, Kanaflex, Strainer. You can knock them all out.

+1
    Thanks for the feedback so far, I'm taking notes.

What about the Speedfreaks setback mod stuff? Does it work? Worth the money?

+1
    Jarret, I'd recommend staying with the stock 87mm nozzle and going with the WORX grate. Generally even with little mods you will end up giving up something to gain something. I feel like I didn't lose anything with my setup, but made everything better. Faster, hooks up better, better holeshot, handles better, etc than when stock.

I think you mentioned you wanted to run around 75 with your ski. If that is the case I would go with the WORX grate. You can't argue with better hookup/handling without giving up speed or holeshot. I had the WORX up to 77 mph and never saw any signs of the buck, no holes drilled.

No reason you can't run 75 WITH the 87mm, no wedge, and WORX grate. The water I ride can get really rough or like glass so I needed a setup that could shine in both conditions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information