Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Even been hit?

When in doubt, throttle out. 08SeadooRXP's Avatar

Even been hit?

Well, I am wondering how many of you have been hit by another jet skier that was totally at their fault... I'm not talking about you, yourself getting hit, but more, your jet ski getting hit.

So today I was out riding and I ended up meeting up with a friend of mine who was down at his cottage. We went out for a little ride and it go to the point of him trying to splash me. I was standing still at one point and he comes in and tries to turn away to spray me and ended up smashing into the right front of my RXP (where the registration sticker is). Now I know he should not have been doing that, nor I "allowing it," but at one point he was 30ft away and the next he was 5ft...I couldn't do anything to avoid it as I was sitting still.

This crash ended up putting a huge crack in the body (wish I got pics). Luckily it's fiberglass so it can be fixed, but it just hurts so hard. He has told me he will pay for it and it was never the fact of money that hurts, but more of my baby is never going to be the same

I'm just wondering if any of you guys have been in the same situation with your babies? And how has the result of getting it fixed been? Has it always left a thought in your mind that although it might look good, it never will be the same again? Just talk

Cole

+1
    That sucks. It can be fixed. It will be just fine.

friend or not, i would have gave him a little head shot for the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by ADSR View Post
    That sucks. It can be fixed. It will be just fine.

friend or not, i would have gave him a little head shot for the trouble.
    I know man. But he already felt bad enough as it was, I just wanted to be calm around him until I got back to the marina to put it away. He is going to pay for it though even though I normally do not make friends do that, even if it was their fault. I just couldn't make him not...

+1
    He must be a good friend.

post some pics when you get the chance.

+1
    Thats just flat dangerous, and doesnt need to even be done in the first place.
    NO one needs to be attempting anything like that especially if they dont know how to control the their ski obviously. It could have been worse and you guys get hurt.

+1
    It could have been alot worse. Thats actually exactly what happened to this ski.
    Attached Thumbnails

Quote Originally Posted by ADSR View Post
    He must be a good friend.

post some pics when you get the chance.
    Yeah he's a pretty good friend of mine. And I sadly didn't get any pics I put it on the trailer, washed it, polished it, covered it, and left. I couldn't stand it. And now, I really wish I would have. So when I call the guy who is coming to take a look and get me some estimates on how much it's going to cost, I am going to have him take a pic or few of it and eMail it to me so I can save them, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Thats just flat dangerous, and doesnt need to even be done in the first place.
    NO one needs to be attempting anything like that especially if they dont know how to control the their ski obviously. It could have been worse and you guys get hurt.
    I know, and the only time I even jet spray is when I'm alone and there is no one around. I don't like when people try to spray me because of things that can happen + like I said, at one point he was away, then he was close. I couldn't do anything to prevent it really. I didn't know he was going to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    It could have been alot worse. Thats actually exactly what happened to this ski.
    Attached Thumbnails
    Jesus! Is that yours? And actually, that makes me feel alot better....sort of

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 08SeadooRXP View Post

Jesus! Is that yours? And actually, that makes me feel alot better....sort of
    I bought it like that. I dont have it anymore. Glad I could cheer you up.

Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    I bought it like that. I dont have it anymore. Glad I could cheer you up.
    Haha oh I see! How did it come out after being fixed? Because if that could be fixed, I'm happy to see the results of my jet ski once it's fixed

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 08SeadooRXP View Post
    Haha oh I see! How did it come out after being fixed? Because if that could be fixed, I'm happy to see the results of my jet ski once it's fixed
    This thread has been getting some use lately for some reason. You should check it out. It should make you feel a bit better.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76998
    There is a pick of that ski finished in there but its not really a good pic.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information