Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

how to clean / lubricate gas power vales

seems like #2 cylider is not sliding very well what can i use to lubricate and clean it with.

+1
    After market gas valves or OEM power valves?

+1
    I would start by checking the bellows on them for leaks. do you have any oil leaking around them at all? I would pull the black caps and springs, then pull the tops off to check and clean the bellows.
    To remove the blades themselves you will have to remove the exhaust to get #2 and #3 out. Here is a link to an install I did on some if it helps starts at post 43 http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...t=37956&page=5

is this right #2 below has a slight chip out of it and it doesnt look right

1st off there is what seems to be oil on the below of #2 its real thick and shiny.

further looking at the valve it looks like it is either broke or th guy i bought it from cut the housing of the bellow at the bottom. is this normal for a gas valve to look like this. could this be why my below is not opening all the way. if it broke it's not in the bottom of the hull, the other dont look this way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6598.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	494.8 KB 
ID:	143419   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6600.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	530.9 KB 
ID:	143420  

+1
    The bellows needs to be replaced looks like it has a split in it. Pull the spring off and unscrew the top there is another spring retainer around the bottom. A leak will definitely cause them not to work correctly. here is a link to bellows in the store remember to use the coupon code http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=840

look closely at the bottom of the housing for the bellow. Doesnt it need to go all the way around like the others? also there is a wire tie holding something together in there.

+1
    They used a wire tie instead of the retainer spring. I use tie wire myself. Pull the assembly apart it is simple to do.

+1

Gas Valves

You need to remove the spring and unscrew the cap. This way you can pull up the bellow and cut that tie rap hanging out the bottom. That way you can remove and clean the bellow and see if it is ripped. If it is solid you can clean it with a contact cleaner. I perfer the honda brand(It is safe on the rubber). Then when you reassemble the bellow you need to apply dow corning product 111 valve lube and sealer on the lips of the bellows. Also, you can shorten the sealing sping to in crease tension for better sealing. BTW if he just trimmed the outer housing it is no big deal as long as the sealing surface to the cylinder is still there. TCR

look where the yellow is......it looks like this whole outer lip is gone...there is nothing there...its like chopped off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6605.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	143433  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information