Thread: Wave Venture!

Wave Venture!

I picked up a 99 wave venture 1100 cheap. It is used, but it has a lot of life left! I put new plugs in and did some small maintaince. It got the speedo reading 61 mph. I know this is off by about 5 mph!
    My question is, dod anyone put some mods on it, and how did they work.
    I would like to do some handling mods without losing speed!
    Grate? Ride plate? Sponsons? Steering? Umi Filter?
    Any one?

Quote Originally Posted by wojo14 View Post
    I picked up a 99 wave venture 1100 cheap. It is used, but it has a lot of life left! I put new plugs in and did some small maintaince.start anbook on what you have done... do this to keep track of your tweaks and what they have done for you It got the speedo reading 61 mph. I know this is off by about 5 mph!dreamometer is almost always off.. get a cheap gps and a tach to record your results accurately
    My question is, dod anyone put some mods on it, and how did they work.
    I would like to do some handling mods without losing speed!venture is a big ski,if your getting 55 to 60 your doing well..
    Grate?get a two bar.. (a top loader will be best for chop,but will have a slight speed loss) Ride plate?find a riva or r&d.. the stocker is not as perfect as we'd like .(you could then send it out to be further modifyed for speed and handleing) Sponsons? IMO ,stockers are fine on a Venture for the money's paid to get and labor to add aftermarket ,you will be fine Steering?a metal steering nozzel is a safety addition you cant go wrong with... Umi Filter?F/A's will let more air in , you will have to turn your needles out a tad to balance the added air flow they give you..if you play in the surf ,nothing is wrong with the capabilitys of the o/e unit(better water control)
    Any one?
    Read my above replys... an impeller and a mill of your stock head would be other things to do to improve your skis performance with out investing alot of $'s ,with out hurting its overall reliability and being somethings that a new rider can do ...

+1
    well, first look at your title. It's not a 99 or it's not an 1100. didn't make em.

I would do two things.. they want to chine walk, so buy a riva plate with the extended tabs on it. Then, buy a half inch of ss washers and put 1/4" under the front bolts of the plate to space it down so that its about 1/16" up in the hull at the front. It might need more washers. That will give you 1-2mph.

then just ride it.

My bad, its a 1997.

Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar
    Nice! Got pics? I would kill for a Venture 1100!

+1
    dang..i would've traded you my 1100 for your gp760. I miss my old gp but i dont miss the 1200 gas guzzling.

Thread Information