Thread: Rear air advice

Rear air advice

Im soon gona be trying the riva rear air on the sea,aware that water spray can be a problem im gona keep it for the flatter days.But can i spray the pre filter before i ride,and can i spray it or indeed down the filter after i ride when the ski is on the hose?? would seadoo lube be okay to use

The pre-filter itself is water repellent...no need to spray with...whatever.

After the ride... it's my understanding that a coupla shots of wd or the like @ idle into the sc will protect the blades from corrosion.

You could probably run your engine's vent line into your intake and kill two birds with one stone.

Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    The pre-filter itself is water repellent...no need to spray with...whatever.

After the ride... it's my understanding that a coupla shots of wd or the like @ idle into the sc will protect the blades from corrosion.

You could probably run your engine's vent line into your intake and kill two birds with one stone.
    running a catch can and 4inch at the mo,i plan to leave that in so i can swap between the 2,guess i would have to re route the hose to the rear air as and when i need to

i used the seadoo xp lube. coated the sc and the inpeller. but i took the intake off to lube the impeller. im thinking of making a splash deflector around the intake area.

Quote Originally Posted by RXP Blur View Post
    i used the seadoo xp lube. coated the sc and the inpeller. but i took the intake off to lube the impeller. im thinking of making a splash deflector around the intake area.
    i run with a rear seat cowling and i was thinking the same thing,coming off the rear and sides of the cowling low enough to deflect the spray,as when you lift the seat off the deflector would come with it.Dont think it would be too difficult to fiberglass a lip around the cowling

Banned User
    You can buy a 1 1/2" HVAC pre filter and cut it to lay over the red Riva filter and fill that void. It will help big time on preventing any spray that may get back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    You can buy a 1 1/2" HVAC pre filter and cut it to lay over the red Riva filter and fill that void. It will help big time on preventing any spray that may get back there.
    Alex many thanks,im uk so where would i buy such an item

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    Alex many thanks,im uk so where would i buy such an item

You guy's have Home Depot? If not any hardware store should have it, most carry it in big blue rolls or white sheets.. Make sure it's made of nylon or some other water proof material and not cotton

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    You guy's have Home Depot? If not any hardware store should have it, most carry it in big blue rolls or white sheets.. Make sure it's made of nylon or some other water proof material and not cotton
    thanks i try to find it

Thread Information