Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

P1544 exhaust code

yesterday i was out most of the day --all was great most of the day -- alot of hard riding and alot of WOT until at the end of the day -- when at WOT i would get the p1544 exhaust code -- once i backed off of the throttle all was fine -- went home checked all the hoses the greco strain etc ... -- only thing i found was a loose hose clamp off of the J-pipe with a little bit of water seeping by -- snugged that and all other clamps -- went out today and the samething -- so long i kept my rpms down under 7400 i was fine -- but anything above that the alarm with the p1544 code would come up -- any ideas -- here is a list of the mods i have on the ski -- riva stage one -- greenwheel -- solas 14/19.5R -- SS wear ring -- catch can -- 42# injectors -- XS intercooler -- greco strainer rideplate holes filled -- oh yeah its a 2007 gtx limited 215 hp P.S. almost had forgotten -- when i go WOT and before the alarm goes off the ski starts to act like its not getting enough fuel and there is a power loss --almost like it was running out of fuel then after backing off the throttle it would get better

Quote Originally Posted by homebrew View Post
    yesterday i was out most of the day --all was great most of the day -- alot of hard riding and alot of WOT until at the end of the day -- when at WOT i would get the p1544 exhaust code -- once i backed off of the throttle all was fine -- went home checked all the hoses the greco strain etc ... -- only thing i found was a loose hose clamp off of the J-pipe with a little bit of water seeping by -- snugged that and all other clamps -- went out today and the samething -- so long i kept my rpms down under 7400 i was fine -- but anything above that the alarm with the p1544 code would come up -- any ideas -- here is a list of the mods i have on the ski -- riva stage one -- greenwheel -- solas 14/19.5R -- SS wear ring -- catch can -- 42# injectors -- XS intercooler -- greco strainer rideplate holes filled -- oh yeah its a 2007 gtx limited 215 hp
    i used to get that code if i did spiny after spiny,without any pipes leaking,were you flat water or rough water riding?

it didn't matter if the water was smooth or chop -- it happened on both

it didn't matter if the water was smooth or chop -- it happened on both
    mmmm,i was wondering if it happened when you were unhooked,im sure the exhaust is overheating,or at least the sensor says it is,which could be faulty,unless you have a slight blockage somewhere,more likely as clears as you throttle back.

last week i did over heat the ski due to seaweed -- and fried the sensor at the waterbox outlet --replaced the sensor and all was fine --about 6 hours of hard riding yesterday -- then at the end of the day it started up --i just came back in from flushing my ski - ( do it after every ride with salt away --i ride in the bay and ocean ) and noticed that where the J-pipe goes into the water box -- at the bottom clamp that the hose is dripping a little bit of water -- not a big deal fixing that -- but will that small amount of water loss cause the exhaust to overheat ? -- and why would i lose power toward the top end of my rpms ?

last week i did over heat the ski due to seaweed -- and fried the sensor at the waterbox outlet --replaced the sensor and all was fine --about 6 hours of hard riding yesterday -- then at the end of the day it started up --i just came back in from flushing my ski - ( do it after every ride with salt away --i ride in the bay and ocean ) and noticed that where the J-pipe goes into the water box -- at the bottom clamp that the hose is dripping a little bit of water -- not a big deal fixing that -- but will that small amount of water loss cause the exhaust to overheat ? -- and why would i lose power toward the top end of my rpms ?
    the higher you rev the more that little leak will piss out,now you have said you have clogeed up it seems likely to me you have a clog somewhere thats mo.others will chime in soon im sure

so true -- it didn't hit me until after i posted that the leak would increase with more throttle -- i guess to much sun today -- but the exhaust code wouldn't effect the throttle would it ? i mean right before and during the alarm and the code coming up -- my ski would act like it lost power -- as if not getting enough fuel -- then when backing off the throttle it would miss a bit then smooth back out and all would be fine -- until i went past 7400 rpms -where the alarm would come back --- is the code causing the "computer" in the ski to cut back on the fuel to go into limp mode ?

also -- when i got clogged up with seaweed -- it was all at the intake grate --- the water strainer i have on the ski had some trash in it --but no diffrent then on a normal day riding -- that leads me to believe its all clear inside -- but it seems that all the hose clamps have lossened up since it over heated last weekend -- thus the finding of small drips here and there

also -- when i got clogged up with seaweed -- it was all at the intake grate --- the water strainer i have on the ski had some trash in it --but no diffrent then on a normal day riding -- that leads me to believe its all clear inside -- but it seems that all the hose clamps have lossened up since it over heated last weekend -- thus the finding of small drips here and there
    that will do it,check those pipes,inspect and tighten all the clamps,clear the hull of any water,with a sponge and try again,check the cooler lines and clean them if you find chite,doesent sound major to me,but lots of drips on lots of pipes can add up at wot.

+1
    also when at wot the water leaking onto the waterbox will turn to steam robbing oxygen to the intake manifold

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information