Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

PPG Level 1 (785)

I have a 97 XP with the 785. I would like a bit more power and thinking of PPG level 1. That would boost compression some and add flame arrestors with rejet. I have had Group K Sleeper before on Kawasakis and were pleased with them. I am not trying to hurt the dependability of this ski, just needs more bottom end. I have the carbs off after getting rid of the grey fuel lines.

Does anyone have experience with PPG or their level 1 for 2 strokes. I have also heard that a skat swirl helps the bottom end on this ski also. Any suggestions appreciated.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    It would be an excellent mod for your application. Add a 17/22 swirl for better holeshot on top of the level I.

Welcome to GH!

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    17/22 swirl is a must with that heavy ass hull..

+1
    You think that hull is heavy, you should see my fat butt on that hull. Are there any benefits to changing to a 17/22 swirl with a stock motor or do you need more motor to turn the 17/22 in a swirl design?

I have had several 951's with the PPG level one mod. Nice but you will have to run 91. Not an issue to me even my car requires 91. The one 787 I put a Level one kits died from Salt water injestion several times. It never blew up just made more noise and I sold it to someone who was going to rebuild it. Bill Oneal told me online it would only last a few more weeks because I got salt water in it. It lasted more than a year of riding several times a week. I was retired in Florida living on the water riding and tweeking daily. Learned to hate that boat(96XP) left me stranded so much I thought it was a Ford. My 951's worked much better. They make it home 99% of the time. The 787 had a restart problem that I never found. TMI

+1
    Pest,
    Do you think that the aftermarket flame arrestors was part of the ingestion problem? The OEM arrestor looks like it would do a much better job of keeping the water out without too much air restriction. The pods like Fly or Prok may not be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Bilford View Post
    Pest,
    Do you think that the aftermarket flame arrestors was part of the ingestion problem? The OEM arrestor looks like it would do a much better job of keeping the water out without too much air restriction. The pods like Fly or Prok may not be worth it.
    Yes it was some of the problem but me being over 270 and riding in the surf was also a lot of it. The GSXL was easy to get on and the XP was hard and real hard when tired. Flip it the wrong way and you get towed. The restart was let it set for 15 min and it wont start let it set while you pull the plugs and put them back in and it starts. Plugs went back untouched. I had a GSXL and it wasnt worth it to me to figure it out also Rotaxgrenade had the same problem on his XP . He was one of the guys I rode with. He went to standups and no longer rides couches. I think haven't seen him in years.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by PEST! View Post
    Yes it was some of the problem but me being over 270 and riding in the surf was also a lot of it. The GSXL was easy to get on and the XP was hard and real hard when tired. Flip it the wrong way and you get towed. The restart was let it set for 15 min and it wont start let it set while you pull the plugs and put them back in and it starts. Plugs went back untouched. I had a GSXL and it wasnt worth it to me to figure it out also Rotaxgrenade had the same problem on his XP . He was one of the guys I rode with. He went to standups and no longer rides couches. I think haven't seen him in years.
    The reason why it wouldn't start was the carbs got heat soaked. Did you ever try the thick carb gaskets on it? Glen had the p/n. They eliminated this problem.

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    To keep water out of prok air filters you buy outerwears that go around the air filter. I run those on my boat and i get water in my hull from wave jumping and they stay dry.

+1
    I think the 1999 800 series of skis/engines had the thicker carb base gaskets. I use them on my 97xp in the texas heat with no probs, grab a few & install them.

TLR

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information