Adjusting fuel/oil mix

I have a 1997 1100 STX and lately it has been burning blue exhaust, the top end speed has also dropped and it is running a little rough at an idle. I have been using quite a bit more oil than my other friends 2 stroke machines. I am thinking that it is running too rich. Does anyone know how to check that and if it is running rich how do I set up the mixture?

Thanks,
    Digger

Remove the oil injection system and mix it yourself. Then you never have to worry about the injection system again.

John

Smile

kawas have always used more oil than most other two strokes,they run at 50 to 1 or more,where seadoo run from 50 to 1 to 100 to 1 variable.It think the 3 cylinder kawa (mikuni) oil pumps are and do run richer the older they get.Take it off ,premix and go>Marvin (ps check your spark plugs and change them if fouled ,do not clean ,it doesnt work)>Marvin

Good to know

Thanks Marvin, I keep hearing that I should pre mix. I was hoping to take the easy way out and stay with the injection but will now go to the premix. Gord

Heck. The 750 SXI Pro Manual says it mixes the oil at 60:1. Thats sure to cause a little smoke.

The easy way out is premix. It took me 20 minutes to do it the first time (block off plate, cap the oil lines, and remove the oil container/lines/and pump.) I never have to pull the motor because of a broken line or failed oil pump.

Thread Information