+1

Unhappy Very Sad Day While Riding My PWC

Me and some of my friends went to ride the back waters/ rivers at Myrtle Beach Friday and Saturday. Late Saturday we came up on a accident between a large 28 foot boat and a PWC that happened just 2-3 minutes befor we got there. The guy ridding the PWC (a rental PWC) was jumping waves the boat was making and lost control and was thrown into the side of large boat being pulled under the boat and was hit by the props. Both his legs were cut almost off above the knees and lost a lot of blood. I guess he was way too close to the boat which is in violation of S.C. boating laws. Seeing things like this reminds me to be extra carefull ! Breaking News
    Sunday, Jul. 26, 2009
    Man dies after crash with boat on Intracoastal Waterway
    Tonya Root - [email protected] E-Mail
    Print
    Comments (7)
    Recommend (1)
    Reprint or license

Text Size: tool nameclose tool goes here A Delaware man died overnight from injuries he suffered in a boating crash on the Intracoastal Waterway, Horry County Coroner Robert Edge said.

Michael A. Warner, 27 of Dover, Del., died from internal injuries at New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, N.C., where he was flown by helicopter following the crash, Edge said.

Warner was riding a personal watercraft on the waterway between Bucksport Marina and Enterprise Landing late Saturday afternoon when he crashed with a boat, according to the U.S. Coast Guard. Warner was knocked off the watercraft and swept under the boat where his legs and abdomen were cut by the boat's propeller.
    My prayers go out to this guy and his family, Tommy Jordan

+1
    how tragic. Just hows how these are not toys and you have to ride responsibly.
    My prayers go out to the families involved.
    Thanks for sharing Tommy

+1
    Some may not like what I have to say, but it is the truth and how I feel.

People like this are why we have some many laws in the country. They are also the ones who give responsible riders a bad name and make it ever increasingly hard for any of us to go out and use the waterways.

I am not saying that I am happy he died, but Darwin takes names and kicks ass.

May he RIP

RIP thoughts and prayers to his family.

+1
    Michael is at piece. RIP I am sorry you and your friends had to witness that.

Quote Originally Posted by NJJer View Post

People like this are why we have some many laws in the country. They are also the ones who give responsible riders a bad name and make it ever increasingly hard for any of us to go out and use the waterways.

May he RIP

May not be the popular thought, but there is something to it.
    RIP dude

BTW, LZZY Rocks

Moderated
    shit hey, I will say a prayer for him and i hope our readers take this to hear and learn something from it.

having fun on the water is great but never ever put yourself at risk.

Story is all too common. I've had some near misses with PWCs on my lake when out in my 30' boat. Guys trying to catch air off my wake and getting too close. I've had to change course on more than one occasion to avoid a near head-on collision with someone staring at their controls instead of looking ahead for traffic - it's like they get tunnel vision. I think statistics bear out that it's the rentals that are the most consistent problem, though friends borrowing your ski can also also get themselves into trouble. If you're unfamiliar with the ski and you couple that with unfamiliarity with the boating laws (or refusal to follow them) you have a recipe for disaster. And there's no shortage of boaters who either don't know who has right of way or don't care, so it's not just the PWCs. BUT, PWCs are at the bottom of the food chain - generally speaking every other craft out there has right of way, regardless of the circumstances. I don't let anyone ride my ski unless they listen to my speech first - and many times I've just refused to let people ride if I don't like their attitude. Not always popular with my friends' teenagers...

Anyway, off my soapbox and thoughts out to the families and witnesses.

Quote Originally Posted by NJJer View Post

May he RIP
    I kind of feel he same way. It is the same thing with motorcycles on the road. Everyone thinks they are so dangerous, when it is the SQUIDS that make them dangerous.

I'm not happy this happened, but it is a good example to show that you NEED to be careful out there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    RIP dude

BTW, LZZY Rocks
    OT for a minute....

Yes she does! Nice to see you spell it like she does.

Nice to have them local in Philly...makes seeing them often easier.

Only 2 women I have seen have a voice that gives me goose bumps it is so good.....Ann Wilson of Heart...and Lzzy.

Back to the topic at hand.

Goliath, I hate going out on my Ducati for that very reason. People think I am a squid. Far from it and I always have to "show them" by staying away from their stupidity.

Thread Information