99 Polaris Genesis help with ignition/digital display permanently on

Hi, no luck with searching so here it is. I just got done completely rebuilding my 99 Polaris Genesis and its ready to fill with fresh gas and start it up. I bought this completely intact but with the motor blown up so i dont know anything about the digital display and the ignition system. I have everything rehooked back up,brand new battery, and my problem is the ignition is always on as soon as i hook up the battery and of course the digital display is always on. I hit the start button and it turned over. I tried it both with the lanyard/kill switch hooked up and unhooked. What can i do to get this normal. I have the battery disconnected right now. Thanks.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    What exactly is the problem?

The MFI display should always show the time. It will go into sleep mode after five minutes, but the clock will still be visible.

On many Polaris models, the start button will always crank the engine, even with the lanyard out. With no lanyard, there will be no spark, of course.

Click the links below for more info. Second link leads to more MFI information

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    What exactly is the problem?

The MFI display should always show the time. It will go into sleep mode after five minutes, but the clock will still be visible.

On many Polaris models, the start button will always crank the engine, even with the lanyard out. With no lanyard, there will be no spark, of course.

Click the links below for more info. Second link leads to more MFI information

K447, Thanks for that info. I did read about the mfi digital display on your second link. I did not know the display is supposed to always be on. I noticed my display did go into sleep mode after about 5 minutes and now just the clock and the word "unlocked" are showing. It does show that there is still a half tank of gas but i drained most of it, and before it went into sleep mode it said "low fuel" which is correct and it showed low oil probably because i have an oil pump block off kit on it. Besides that it showed 0 miles for distance and 88.5 hours. Thats cool to know its working like it should. Now i can only pray everything works right. Thanks again.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by markdgenesis View Post
    ...it showed low oil probably because i have an oil pump block off kit on it...
    You should install a 33 ohm resistor to by-pass the oil level sender, and fool the MFI into thinking the oil tank is 'full'.

Just connect the resistor in place of the oil sender wires inside the electrical box. Unplug and tape the oil sender wires ends.

Insulate the resistor wiring so nothing can short or work loose

Thanks for the info on that 33ohm resistor, I will eventually do that for i do not have to look at the low oil warning all the time. Thanks.

Thread Information