Banned User

3 seater hull question 80mph project

Planning an 80mph 3 seater project. Wondering what peoples opinions are on various years of 4-tec 3 seater hulls. I currently have an 03 GTX SC hull and am inclined to use it. But I see other hulls like an 06 RXT for sale very cheap! Any opinions on possitives and/or negatives of the different years and models of the 3 seater hulls?

+1
    Build a stage 3 RXT with Rude1, properly tweak it and you will be right at 80. Put an ET 68-140 in there and you definately will be over 80. I hear the GTX hulls were good, but I personaly dont know anyone running 80 with them.

Banned User
    I read some of your posts and it sounds like your ski is running really well! I might bug you with a few questions, I really like your setup! I was under the impression that the hulls are the same, minus some goodies on the GTX. Can anyone verify this?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by developerjj View Post
    I read some of your posts and it sounds like your ski is running really well! I might bug you with a few questions, I really like your setup! I was under the impression that the hulls are the same, minus some goodies on the GTX. Can anyone verify this?
    Thanks. Yeah, it has been built up little by little. I would have never thought I would have built it to what it is today. Feel free to contact me any time.

Banned User
    What I like the most about your setup is the "REAL WORLD" aspect of having a cooler and anchor onboard!

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by developerjj View Post
    ... I was under the impression that the hulls are the same, minus some goodies on the GTX. Can anyone verify this?
    Yes the GTX "4-Tec" hulls and RXT hulls have been the same "dimensionally" since '02. In fact, I am using an '02 hull for a 3-seater project, it is no different than my '05 hulls.

Now, claims have been made that the latter year hulls shed a little weight due to a change in fiberglass "lay-up", but most feel this change turned out to be a detrimental thing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 05Limited View Post
    Yes the GTX "4-Tec" hulls and RXT hulls have been the same "dimensionally" since '02. In fact, I am using an '02 hull for a 3-seater project, it is no different than my '05 hulls.

Now, claims have been made that the latter year hulls shed a little weight due to a change in fiberglass "lay-up", but most feel this change turned out to be a detrimental thing.
    Yeah, I noticed my 06 RXT has some large supports toward the rear under the footwells and the 07 do not have that. So it seems some of the structural integrity was removed in the newer years.

hi guys i have 2008 rxt-x with 2rude 15psi all the way.. full stage 3 ,the top speed is 77.6 mile due to the hot air here in Qatar 45 C. but i think with rxt to hit 80m easy you should work in the ride plate and lift the bow up to get there ....wish ya all the best

Thread Information