Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    V-Tec, 4-Tech that's how I roll meirvin's Avatar
    +1

how to initiate a grudge race

I would like to hear how people go about initiating or starting a grudge race while out riding, seems no one in my area wants to race or such. want to hear stories on how it comes about. Do other skis come up and ask for the race , do you go and ask etc.

Just find the ski you want to run and play a little cat and mouse. The flag the guy down BS about the skis for a little and Run em Down!!

Just go up to the rider and spin a 180 about five feet from his boat. Get some water flowing across his face, and the race is on!!

I find it works best if you initiate your turn going at 25 mph or faster......

It really helps if you throw a few "effin-heimers" his way as you are about to initiate your turn as well.

+1
    i usually wait to see how fast there ski is, then i look to see if they are the racing type. then i go and get my 785 pro and ask them to race. if i loose ( happened only once to a RXP)then i get the yami out and wax there arse( there is not many fast skis in my area)

not many modified ski's in Nashville area. Haven't been to piercy priest much yet but I hear they are over there.

I just look at the type of ski. If it's a gtx, ultra,rxp or a RXT (I like passing the new ones) usually I can get them to race. Or a cocky guy on a ski.

I like to race bass boats while I'm 2 up and watch there mouths drop. Sometimes my mouth drops, though....

When I started the stage 1, I had a guy in Tims Ford lake on a gpr come fly in front of me and spray me then stick his hand in the air and make a number 1 in front of me and point forward. I gunned it and we were head to head until we hit boat wakes. He barreled one and then I saw him turn around.

My wife now waves by by to them when we get passed them.

If I'm trying to race a ski usually if it's going the same direction I'll usually just fly past them at about 10 feet.
    If it's going the opposite direction I'll get to where it's passing me at about 20 yards then right when it passes me I do a 180 and gun it and fly past them at about a 10 yard distance.

I have chased down a rxp and just waved at him and asked if it was ok to do a stop and go because I wanted to see what a difference my modifications have done. Then they are usually like what have you done , blah blah and then they are interested. Then I drain them and tell them about greenhulk.net

Another way is to watch people leaving the no wake. Just get up next them and kind of rev up a little then right after no wake sometimes they will try to race.

+1
    Or you could just pull up to them and say.

Lets do it.

+1
    I love racing bass boats too. Not too many of them on my water running 80+

ive been wanting to make a similar thread good info

+1
    Mike, you aren't kidding about no one wanting to race in the DFW area. A couple years ago, you could swing a dead cat and hit 10 races. Now, nobody wants to run anymore. On Lewisville, I pull up on every ski I can find, give them the look and gun it, but I get no takers. For some reason Joe Pool is populated with people who like to race. But I don't get down there much these days.

A couple weeks ago, I put in just as a guy with two RXP Riva stage 2 skis was pulling out. He had stickers all over his ski and claimed to be going "75-78" (nice range huh ). But he would not put his boat back in the water to run. I kicked myself for a week for not getting there an hour earlier.

My ski has the "sleeper" look. Just 3 stickers on the entire boat, one from Mark (Rotax Racing), one from Nils (Rude Performance), and one from Glen (Skat), and I've never had any takers other than Bass boats...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information