This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

The $1000 an hour '03 XP-Di

Well this one just rolled into the shop for a summer startup...a little weather beaten ( like everthing and everybody out here that doesn't stay out of the sun).

Ok, needs a battery, the fuel is sour and all of that..looks like it wasn't out last year at all from the dust accumlations ( dust get's in everything out here, even fully enclosed storage units)

Ok..get a battery in, drain the fuel, change the plugs ( hmmm..is that little specks of rust I see?)..give a good squirt of 25-1 premix down the jugs for a no scoring startup...find the key...

get the requiste double beep..check the clock 10 hours..ok..let's crank it a bit

thunk

yup

pull the raves

that was rust

the crank is rusted solid...10 hours on the ski

get the owner on the phone...he's a bit freaked..was never told he had to winterize it and then mention last time he was out ( In summer 2007) one of his buddies flipped it and they couldn't get it started after they towed it in. He put it in th garage and went about his business fguring he'd take care of it next season

oops

anybody got a cheap DI shortblock?..he really freaked when I told him the price on an SBT rebuild installed after telling him water ingestion isn't covered by any seadoo based warranty plan.

+1
    Hi pete! Talked to you on my e-mail ~ fuelburner. I didn't know you were looking for a shortblock I thought you wanted the longblock. Send me an offer for the short block, crank (dales jet sports) , balance shaft (dales), air pump assy (from sea-doo)all new. Cases pressure tested perfect no welds or any damage.

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    get the owner on the phone...he's a bit freaked..was never told he had to winterize it and then mention last time he was out ( In summer 2007) one of his buddies flipped it and they couldn't get it started after they towed it in. He put it in th garage and went about his business fguring he'd take care of it next season

BAH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...he was never told?!

Thanks for brightening my day with that story!!

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    it's a tossup, long or short..but it's going to be a while before anything is going to happen...the owner accepted my generous offer just a very few minutes ago

Thread Information