Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 08 SHO Vibrates

  1. #1

    08 SHO Vibrates

    The hull on my 08 sho has started to vibrate quite a bit recently. I am also feeling vibration under my feet. It only does it when in idle....once I give it gas, it smooths out. The ski has 17 hours on it. The only mods done to the ski was the Riva power filter kit and R Rated free flow exhaust. It seems like it started vibrating after putting on these mods. Any ideas?


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern Florida
    Posts
    5,589
    +1
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by bear1000 View Post
    The hull on my 08 sho has started to vibrate quite a bit recently. I am also feeling vibration under my feet. It only does it when in idle....once I give it gas, it smooths out. The ski has 17 hours on it. The only mods done to the ski was the Riva power filter kit and R Rated free flow exhaust. It seems like it started vibrating after putting on these mods. Any ideas?
    Did you check your pump? Anything wrapped around shaft? What's the prop look like?

  3. #3
    SHOBiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wylie, Texas
    Posts
    3,577
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    Did you check your pump? Anything wrapped around shaft? What's the prop look like?
    +1

  4. #4
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,134
    +1
    205
    not sure if this is it but i noticed when i took off my rubber flaps in the back i got some more vibration.....mainly around 3k rpm though...

  5. #5
    Flash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Phoenix Az
    Posts
    425
    +1
    10
    I've had my SHO vibrate like that also but I would term it more as a "shudder". Turns out it had a very small debris between blade and wear ring. I rocked the boat aggresively from side to side and the shudder stopped and I had no more vibratons.

  6. #6
    The pump, shaft and prop look clean and just like new. I checked all of my free flow exhaust hoses and they are all tight. I was thinking at first maybe the hull cover started vibrating because of riding in rough water but that still doesnt explain the vibration under my feet. Any other suggestions?

  7. #7
    Addicted Member 5001craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northeast Indiana
    Posts
    2,924
    +1
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    I've had my SHO vibrate like that also but I would term it more as a "shudder". Turns out it had a very small debris between blade and wear ring. I rocked the boat aggresively from side to side and the shudder stopped and I had no more vibratons.
    I had something like this happen to me also. The debris between the impeller and the wear ring can be very hard to see because it really doesn't take much to cause a problem. I would look at this again.

    Just my .02.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern Florida
    Posts
    5,589
    +1
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by bear1000 View Post
    Any other suggestions?
    Engine alignment

  9. #9
    hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,328
    +1
    12
    Sound like a dealer may need to take a look. I wouldn't want to mess with engine alignment on a very new ski.

  10. #10
    skipSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuart, Fl.
    Posts
    1,445
    +1
    171
    Was a Sea Doo close by?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Gel coat coming off 08 SHO
    By shwnoff1 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 12:14 AM
  2. 08' SHO wants a piece of the Rxp tomorrow
    By NoMo-xp4me in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 07:43 AM
  3. '08 FX HO vs. '08 SHO
    By jwafer21 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 12:30 AM
  4. 08 SHO-vibration??
    By Kaybat in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-08-2008, 03:31 AM
  5. 08 sho / 08 sea doo 255
    By steven1300r in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-02-2008, 11:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •