Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Newnan, Ga.
    Posts
    21

    What's slowing my holeshot?

    Hi, New to this site and to my 2000 GP1200R. It has the following parts but still gets smoked out of the hole by my dad's '98 GP1200 that is stock:

    Riva 80 mm 41cc heads
    Taylor 8mm wires
    Riva Stinger 2 exhaust
    Wave eater powervalves
    Solas 13/19
    Riva 800 intake grate
    R&D ride plate
    Riva pump stuffing kit
    Riva anti-cavitation cone pump

    It catches up with the '98 stock GP1200 eventually and
    passes it but out of the hole I get smoked for the first 30 feet. thanks, Martin


  2. #2
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,801
    +1
    450
    A GP is very hard to beat out of the hole on ANY craft...

  3. #3
    sleeplessnMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Waveland,MS
    Posts
    1,943
    Take off that 800 grate and install a 1200 grate. Ya are trying to drag race with a with a speed grate that sux on holeshot....

  4. #4
    DAGO RACING CREW 97GPSLEEPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Orange, TX
    Posts
    4,228
    +1
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    A GP is very hard to beat out of the hole on ANY craft...
    There was a 97 at Mudbug that was doing pretty good.

  5. #5
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,801
    +1
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by 97GPSLEEPER View Post
    There was a 97 at Mudbug that was doing pretty good.
    I remember busting his ass a couple times

  6. #6
    Prism's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    "New" Jersey
    Posts
    826
    +1
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    A GP is very hard to beat out of the hole on ANY craft...
    +1 These have an awesome holeshot. Thats one of the things I miss about my 99 gp.

  7. #7
    dhoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    North Aurora, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    3,182
    +1
    6
    would a jetworks kit/holeshot kit not be a good plan for a 1200r

  8. #8
    DAGO RACING CREW 97GPSLEEPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Orange, TX
    Posts
    4,228
    +1
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    I remember busting his ass a couple times
    You seem to forget the times it beat you! Without a doubt your GPR has the best holeshot of any single pipe 1300 GPR I have ever came across. Show the Sleeper some love.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Central North Carolina
    Posts
    3,847
    +1
    528

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by martinworth View Post
    Hi, New to this site and to my 2000 GP1200R. It has the following parts but still gets smoked out of the hole by my dad's '98 GP1200 that is stock:

    Riva 80 mm 41cc heads
    Taylor 8mm wires
    Riva Stinger 2 exhaust
    Wave eater powervalves
    Solas 13/19
    Riva 800 intake grate
    R&D ride plate
    Riva pump stuffing kit
    Riva anti-cavitation cone pump

    It catches up with the '98 stock GP1200 eventually and
    passes it but out of the hole I get smoked for the first 30 feet. thanks, Martin
    Get rid of the stinger 2 exhaust and the pump cone these two parts are costing you a lot of HP and speed and put the oem pipe with a "D" plate and the stock pump cone ! Tommy Jordan

  10. #10
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,004
    +1
    406
    800 grate is the biggest problem with your holeshot IMO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What Hull For My Project
    By beerdart in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-06-2011, 04:19 PM
  2. 06 RXP What should be my first upgrade
    By DooVa in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-02-2007, 02:30 PM
  3. What I want my Jetta to look like
    By two2curupt in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-22-2006, 05:11 PM
  4. What Happened To My Post?
    By Flynfox in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-30-2006, 11:43 AM
  5. whats next for my 06 rxp? neep help!
    By beachboy66 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-12-2006, 08:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •