Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question i want to hit at least 60 mph

Hi guy's

well ive got 96 gsx 787, ive got a R & D f/a with rejet,R & D 88-85 nozzle. the standard intake grate as 96xpss said this is better for top end i gps'ed it on saturday with a full tank,i hit 57.2 with very little chop,so on glass mite be abit more. im looking to hit 60mph but i dont want to spend loads.i see ppg port the pump.so i was thinking of doing that myself what are your thoughts on mods i can do????????

any help would be great

all the best john
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NSTScreenShot.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	143489  

Might try a pipe or limiting water to the pipe, pump wedge, Impeller, Pump blue print might help but its a lot of work and may disappoint you. The way I was able to get more speed was 1 mph at a time. Lot of work and time. Need to weigh the work and time VS money. GSXL makes 25 more Hp and does just over 60 if you get a good one. So you need to make 25 more or loose 50 lb. just get a Ski made in the last 5 years and try to make the goal 65 or 70
    Look at the pump as a Dynomometer RPM goes up you made more HP hit the revlimiter or near the limit increase pitch or decrease nozzle size them work on getting the rpm back. The speed will come

Cheer's for the reply,i love my gsx and dont want a bigger ski.thats the easy way to go fast.i was thinking about getting the head skimmed.just looking for advice

Quote Originally Posted by johnboygtv View Post
    Cheer's for the reply,i love my gsx and dont want a bigger ski.thats the easy way to go fast.i was thinking about getting the head skimmed.just looking for advice

If thats your ski in the picture, its beautiful!

+1
    Johnboy,
    I am in the same boat with you on a 97 XP. I don't like the big heavy stuff that they make now. I am looking at a Group K sleeper or a level 1 from PPG. I have heard good things about the nozzle change that you did when included with the 17/22 swirl prop. Did you see much improvement on the bottom with the nozzles?

Quote Originally Posted by DooMeister View Post
    If thats your ski in the picture, its beautiful!
    Hi there
    yeah thats my babe, sprayed it myself, house of kolor carmeleon flip.loads of work,but werth it in the end i just want abit more speed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stag and hen do 003 (816 x 612).jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	140.0 KB 
ID:	143676   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07042009145.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	143677  

Quote Originally Posted by Team Bilford View Post
    Johnboy,
    I am in the same boat with you on a 97 XP. I don't like the big heavy stuff that they make now. I am looking at a Group K sleeper or a level 1 from PPG. I have heard good things about the nozzle change that you did when included with the 17/22 swirl prop. Did you see much improvement on the bottom with the nozzles?
    Hi
    yeah im always looking on the group k website for idear's on tweaking my ski.i take it you've read it.if not i'll do you a link.it's a great read.i just dont have the money to spend loads i like doing little tweeks
    as for the nozzles,its more about top end.but ive yet to try it on glass,saturday had abit of chop.but she did fill abit faster.i want to try my R & D grate to see what happens to the top end still got the standard prop on,as 96xpss said that was the best for my ski!
    hope this helps you abit
    john

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Remove the grate and find a pump wedge, then you will be over 60.

You should also make sure the butterflies/throttle plates in the carbs are sychronized, and that you are actually getting wot. I really think you should be at 59 currently...if it is properly tuned, and the stock prop is pitched properly, in good condition, and with a good wear ring.

My cousin's box-stock 96 XP GPS'd 58.2 with me on it last year, and it has a JD grate (which slows it down).

Hi 96xpss

i will check the carbs out,i also think it mite be running abit rich.will need to do some plug chops as for the pump wedge,have you got any companies that make them?

cheer's for your help wance again

john

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    Robert what exactly does a pump wedge do? extend the pump or move it up? I was reading about a pump wedge that might be avaliable for my 96xp?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information