Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ski beeping and starts w/ no key and VTS not showing

All,
    I was riding my ski (2005 RXP - 120 hours) on the coast of Louisiana most of this past weekend. I mostly ride in freshwater but do ride a little in salt water. I rode for 3 hours on Friday and a little Saturday. The ski was running fine and everything working. I let it sit in the water from Saturday afternoon (4:00 pm) until about 10:00 am Sunday. It was just sitting in the water and the ski just started beeping. I jumped on it, pressed the start/stop with no key on it, and it cranked up.... I put the key in it and rode and noticed that there was no display for the VTS anymore. There was also the word SENSOR across the display. I was reading something about the DESS post on here. Could this be the problem. Where is it located? What does DESS stand for? Any other suggestions on what the problem could be? I Put a new battery and starter relay on the ski at the beginning of summer, and the ski ran fine until this weekend. My brother has the identical ski, and his VTS display went out a couple of weeks ago with the word SENSOR across the screen also. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Be a Hero...Punch a Koala Kaotic's Avatar
    i had a similar problem except it didn't say "SENSOR".

I had gotten water into the plugs coming down the Handle bar shaft inside the hull. there's 2 plugs...check to see if there's any water/condensation in there.

just my $.02....it's easy and takes about 5 seconds to do.

+1

My boat stays on in hot weather.

My 07 RXP will stay on (when I pull the lanyard) and beeps at me in triple digit weather. I haven't cared too much about it, 'cause I live in Seattle and there are few 100 degree days here. But when it's hot out - it stays on, so I garage my boat. Thanks BRP !!!

I think this might be your problem? My 2 pennies.

Quote Originally Posted by awague2 View Post
    All,
    I was riding my ski (2005 RXP - 120 hours) on the coast of Louisiana most of this past weekend. I mostly ride in freshwater but do ride a little in salt water. I rode for 3 hours on Friday and a little Saturday. The ski was running fine and everything working. I let it sit in the water from Saturday afternoon (4:00 pm) until about 10:00 am Sunday. It was just sitting in the water and the ski just started beeping. I jumped on it, pressed the start/stop with no key on it, and it cranked up.... I put the key in it and rode and noticed that there was no display for the VTS anymore. There was also the word SENSOR across the display. I was reading something about the DESS post on here. Could this be the problem. Where is it located? What does DESS stand for? Any other suggestions on what the problem could be? I Put a new battery and starter relay on the ski at the beginning of summer, and the ski ran fine until this weekend. My brother has the identical ski, and his VTS display went out a couple of weeks ago with the word SENSOR across the screen also. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Have you thought someone might have tryed to steal it and tryed to connect some wires to make it come on and the beeping made them run?
    I had someone bust the ignition on my boat trying to start it but I have a battery cutoff switch, they took everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic View Post
    i had a similar problem except it didn't say "SENSOR".

I had gotten water into the plugs coming down the Handle bar shaft inside the hull. there's 2 plugs...check to see if there's any water/condensation in there.

just my $.02....it's easy and takes about 5 seconds to do.

your sig make it so hard to read, cause all you want to do is watch the thing get punched.

Be a Hero...Punch a Koala Kaotic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xBigDaddyx117 View Post
    your sig make it so hard to read, cause all you want to do is watch the thing get punched.
    i'm here to entertain if i can!

Thanks everyone! I'll check the plugs first and then try to get some more input if this doesn't work. Any other suggestions by anyone while I'm doing this. Thanks!

+1
    Basically what has happened is your RXP's MPEM forgot it was an RXP and thinks it's a GTX LTD. This is a very common issue. It displays SENSOR because it's looking for the depth gauge sending unit that the GTX LTD has. The GTX LTD doesn't have VTS so that's why you no longer have that.

You will need to bring it into a dealer to have everything reset using the BUDS software.

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Basically what has happened is your RXP's MPEM forgot it was an RXP and thinks it's a GTX LTD. This is a very common issue. It displays SENSOR because it's looking for the depth gauge sending unit that the GTX LTD has. The GTX LTD doesn't have VTS so that's why you no longer have that.

You will need to bring it into a dealer to have everything reset using the BUDS software.
    X ACTLY! Don't worry mines been in the Seadoo shop for 4 weeks for the same thing, just buy a GP1300 R for a back up ski.LOL

Yeah hes right . I figured it would be something electrical but wasnt quite sure what . The last time my Sea Doo XP had an electrical problem it caught on fire . Thank God for fire estinguishers .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information