Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

slt 750 boggin with 5000 max RPM!!!!!

Ok finaly got her running on the lake sunday
    starts really easly now and tons of spark

now i have other issues!!! i put fresh plugs in (br8es) and it ran fine for the first 10-15 minutes but i couldn't go past 5000 RPM.

after that it would bogg under acceleration until it reached it's max RPM of 5000

i also notice that the engine boggs a little bit and looses RPM when turning left. i Read that this could be an fuel delevry issues?? would the triple outlet pump fix that as i do not have that upgrade.

i don't now if the timing on the ski could keep it from going more than 5000 RPM as i just put the stator on by eye and did not adjust anything!

ALso..it idles at 2100 2200 RPM when on the water.
    i have 140-135 psi all across.
    the PTO and CENTER cylinder have tanish spark plug and the MAG one is a little oily and black and the Mag Cylinder also feels a bit cooler than the other two when i touch them after riding.

Any help would be great!!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Bogging while turning indicates a carburetor problem, not an ignition timing problem.

If you have not gone through the fuel system, replaced the fuel lines (including any inside the fuel tank), rebuilt the carbs and cleaned the tiny internal filters inside the carbs, cleaned or replaced the fuel selector valve, and upgraded the fuel pump, now is the time to do so.

Running these engines with fuel starvation is a recipe for melting holes through the pistons.

Click the second link below to fond more info

95 slt 750

Ok so here we go

i upgraded the fuel pump, put in some new fuel line and pulse line opened up the carb and cleaned them put everything back played with the screws, not much more to it.

at some point i realise that it was only running on 2 piston and the 3rd one came on a couple time but not for long and i could feel a major differences. the thing is that i can't figure out wich piston is not firing most of the time.

i want to get a rebuild kit for the carbs as i was told that once you open these baby you should always put new material in it. My problem is that they don't have a rebuild kit around here and they only sell individual pieces so i want to make sure i get everything at once so i don't open them up after the rebuild. Could someone please tell me what is usualy subject to replacement when you rebuilt a carb???

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    This is exactly what you need.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Polar...rcraftQ5fParts

Also install a spark tester and see which is not firing, or chances are the oily wet spark plug is an indication that it's not firing.

thanks man that's exactly what i needed.....

yeah i just bought one of those spark tester and i'll try it over next week-end, i initialy tested all wires and caps and they were good but i guess maybe under load it's a different story???? the good part is it can't be the coils since they run in parallel......from what i read.

awsome thanks!!!

update

SO here's some input on my issue

I pull the mag plug as it always seem wet and i closed the gap on it. i dont have a feeler gauge so it was all done by eye. Little do i know i punch the throttle and it jumped out the water and i got up to 45mph in no time with no bogging or anything.....and for some reason that seem to have fix my left turn problem too?????

Well anyways i guess i'll have to buy a feeler gauge and gap all of my spark plug from now on since it seems to be very important and i guess that all i have to do on that ski from now on is to check my piston wash and poor some gaz!!

THanks alot guys for your help

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Glad you fixed it.

Very important to gap your plugs properly.

Too much gap and you'll have weak spark.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Interesting, an ignition problem that is sensitive to turning left

If you have not done so yet, try trimming 1/4" from each spark plug wire, then re-screw them into the spark plug caps.

The ignition coil primaries are in series, but the secondaries to each spark plug are separate.

You can ohm check each coil separately, they should all have the same or very similar ohm readings.

Polaris Fuji (blue) engine

The correct plug for your SLT 750 is BPR8ES

Quote Originally Posted by movs View Post
    Ok finaly got her running on the lake sunday
    starts really easly now and tons of spark

now i have other issues!!! i put fresh plugs in (br8es) and it ran fine for the first 10-15 minutes but i couldn't go past 5000 RPM.

after that it would bogg under acceleration until it reached it's max RPM of 5000

i also notice that the engine boggs a little bit and looses RPM when turning left. i Read that this could be an fuel delevry issues?? would the triple outlet pump fix that as i do not have that upgrade.

i don't now if the timing on the ski could keep it from going more than 5000 RPM as i just put the stator on by eye and did not adjust anything!

ALso..it idles at 2100 2200 RPM when on the water.
    i have 140-135 psi all across.
    the PTO and CENTER cylinder have tanish spark plug and the MAG one is a little oily and black and the Mag Cylinder also feels a bit cooler than the other two when i touch them after riding.

Any help would be great!!

The correct plug for your SLT 750 is BPR8ES.... Sorry that's what i meant... the beer was flowing to well and my hands couldn't keep up with my head.

If you have not done so yet, try trimming 1/4" from each spark plug wire, then re-screw them into the spark plug caps. Did that while troubleshooting for a no start

The ignition coil primaries are in series, but the secondaries to each spark plug are separate. does secondaries mean the wires from each coils to the cap??? I found that service manual on this site when i first had a no start and tested everything out like mention till i found a bad stator.

You can ohm check each coil separately, they should all have the same or very similar ohm readings.
    Yep right on the money.

What i really find weird is that spark plug who fixed the left turn symptom???

I was tampering around with the carb adjustment to get it to go full speed and try to fixe the major left turn problem but just wouldn't work and i noted the MAG plug would always be wet and the other ones were fine, Then i realised the CENTER and PTO cylinder were getting warm but not the MAG so i recheck the coils, wires, cap and everything was good. i knew it wasn't firing tho

i couldn't figure it out until i started drinking and on the lake with my buddies and decided to clean the MAG plug and since i had it in my hand i pop my beer open with it, notice it had closed and twisted the gap a little bit but didn't care, so i just put it back in and when i left i was like...ohhh somthings maybe wrong but feels reelly right. next morning went for a ride and everything just felt in place in my head. but it's still strange because i read on this forum about the left turn syndrom and it's all about fuel issues.......go figure....oh well i'll do the same thing for the other plugs this weekend and re-tune the carbs now that i have a real triple!!!!!!!! does carb tuning affect top speed?? i'm reading that this ski goes up to 50MPH but i'm only going like 44, fast enought for my lake but !!! faster the better.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information