Sea-Doo service in Austin, TX

Does anyone know if there is an authorized service center in the Austin area (other than Woods) that has the BUDs software to be able to diagnose/clear error codes in GTX 4-TEC boats?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Does anyone know if there is an authorized service center in the Austin area (other than Woods) that has the BUDs software to be able to diagnose/clear error codes in GTX 4-TEC boats?
    No not that I know of and I will say woods is a heck of alot better than Joe harrison in San Antonio.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    What's up with Woods. I have never had a ski worked on there but the salesman I dealt with there was the ONLY person I ever talked to at a dealership who knew anything about skis.

I had a less than positive experience on the phone with them when I was looking to have someone do the washer swap for me last summer.

"Oh - we would need need to do an hour assesment (on my dime) with your boat and given this 'known' situation with the SC'd Seadoo's, it would most likely be $500 labor + a SC rebuild kit + cost of steel washers...."

All I wanted was a washer swap, which is a recommended 2 hour job (from what others on this site have said). I even had the washers - they said they couldn't use mine, they would have to provide them.
    I now need someone to diagnose & clear error codes in my 2 GTX's and I'm afraid of what they are going to try and charge me for this.

+1
    I can do a washer swap for you if need be.
    If you can get the codes we can look them up for you. I guess you are having some issue? WHy a code?

There is one dealer if you want to drive a bit that will help you as SR2 knows them and he had them do his Riva ECU set up.

I will ask him to post there info as I don't remember what it is, but he is in New Bruanfels, so it can't be to far from us.

Water4fire
    PM to ya

Hollywood,
    I live in Killeen (FORT HOOD) just up the street from you. I recently took my ski's to Barger's All Sport (www.bargersallsports.net) in Waco and the guy's there are really helpful and knowledgeable (they're SeaDoo ceritfied). One of my ski's started taking on water (from the output shaft boot). I stopped by after leaving the lake and one of the service tech's came out, looked at it, went back inside, grabbed a woodruff key and istalled it in 10 sec. Problem Solved! Tried to pay him as he said "don't worry about it!" GREAT SERVICE!

Thread Information