Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Traffic cameras

+1

Traffic cameras

I was coming back from Kehma today and I think I got popped by a stoplight camera in Baytown. I was hauling ass with a trailer in toe, there was nothing at the other sides of the intersection, and I knew I would only be a 1/2 second into the red light. As I speed through the light, it changed to red and either I was loosing it or the red light flashed as I went through it. I admit that if I ever would go through a light with a camera that I would never really know it. Did I get my picture taken and should be looking for a letter from the city of Baytown?
    Oh, and since my truck had a dealer advertising tag on front and paper tag with runny ink on the back, do you think they even got my info and can't link it back to me?

In Michigan we dont have traffic cameras. My cousin went out to phoenix and he rented a corvette. Took it to some random empty highway and was going 140. A few weeks later he got a ticket in the mail. That was not a pretty ticket. I never knew you guys had traffic cameras until a few weeks ago...

+1
    I went through a red light in Toronto. It was at night and i did remember seeing a flash. Got a ticket in the mail for $200. Now toronto has no cameras last i heard, People were getting off cause they couldnt prove who was driving the car at the time so you may have a chance of getting off if you fight it. Also in Ontario we have a point system, lose to many points and you lose your lic. Cause it was a camera i didnt lose any points . ALSO everytime i get a speeding ticket my insurance rate drops

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaserxp215 View Post
    In Michigan we dont have traffic cameras. My cousin went out to phoenix and he rented a corvette. Took it to some random empty highway and was going 140. A few weeks later he got a ticket in the mail. That was not a pretty ticket. I never knew you guys had traffic cameras until a few weeks ago...
    Yep, Phoenix has cameras.

+1
    I just got a ticket for this last Friday. They sent a video link of me rolling through a red light making a right turn while the opposite traffic had a Left turn arrow.

Here they dont care who was driving they just want the $100 fine . Best I can tell it will not go as an infraction on my driving record.

+1
    Well, I just hope they could not get my info off the truck. Gotta love those paper dealer tags.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    Best I can tell it will not go as an infraction on my driving record.
    Correct Bill...In Illinios It is like a seat belt ticket.

Kirk, Where were you at in Baytown. If you were on 146 in a stretch where it gets really dark and then there's an intersection it was not a camera. Those lights "flash" red to get your attention. Hopefully that is what it was.

also, the red light camera's take photos of the front plate most of the time. I've seen a couple of camera's that face both directions in Houston but usually it just catches the front plate.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. RX951 View Post
    Kirk, Where were you at in Baytown. If you were on 146 in a stretch where it gets really dark and then there's an intersection it was not a camera. Those lights "flash" red to get your attention. Hopefully that is what it was.

also, the red light camera's take photos of the front plate most of the time. I've seen a couple of camera's that face both directions in Houston but usually it just catches the front plate.
    Yep, 146, just south of town.

The flash freaked me out.
    Thanks for making me feel better.

+1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information