have you ever seen this happen to a rxp

A customer dropped off a 2006 RXP said it wouldnt start and the fuel pump stays on unless you disconnect the battery. So I started by checking the mpem ,harness , etc. Found out the dess post was bad but, not only was it bad, it was like it was out of shape like not round. So I looked at it for a while and replaced it and moved on. The gauge is bad and believe the ecu is also bad. So he came in today and I asked him what happen did it just start not starting or when did you notice the pump. Because before we had no info just that the pump kept running. Then come to find out it was under a tree that was struck by lightening. So now I know what happen. The charge went through the dess post and burnt everything up because he told me all the fuses where blown he had replaced them before bring it to me. wow what a bummer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pjsc823 View Post
    A customer dropped off a 2006 RXP said it wouldnt start and the fuel pump stays on unless you disconnect the battery. So I started by checking the mpem ,harness , etc. Found out the dess post was bad but, not only was it bad, it was like it was out of shape like not round. So I looked at it for a while and replaced it and moved on. The gauge is bad and believe the ecu is also bad. So he came in today and I asked him what happen did it just start not starting or when did you notice the pump. Because before we had no info just that the pump kept running. Then come to find out it was under a tree that was struck by lightening. So now I know what happen. The charge went through the dess post and burnt everything up because he told me all the fuses where blown he had replaced them before bring it to me. wow what a bummer.
    back in 93 i seen a X2 that had burnt wires on the steering neck and blown fuses, it got hit by lightening, that was a while ago, WOW!!!! Ive been working on these things too long. lol

is it runnin still?

Thread Information