07-28-2009, 07:57 AM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2007
- Reading PA
Anyone know if the XPS 5w40 oil is ok for SC
I can get a really good deal on seadoo oil but its the 5w40 oil please let me know if this is ok for the SC.
08-13-2009, 09:35 AM #2
- Join Date
- Jul 2009
Just bought oil today, XPS white bottle. Got home and realized it was 5w40 not 10w30 that I have used in the past. I called the dealer and this is what I learned.
- Seadoo changed the weights on their summer oil to 5w40.
- XPS 10w30 mineral oil no longer available.
- XPS in white bottle is mineral oil and will work in all 4-TECs (SC and NA).
- XPS in the black bottle is semi-synthetic and will also work in all 4-TECs (SC and NA).
- Semi-synthetic is twice the price, but offers marginally better protection.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By fcs1965 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 1Last Post: 04-17-2009, 06:36 PM
By holdnon72 in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-15-2007, 09:50 PM
By PWCManiac in forum Yamaha Open DiscussionReplies: 18Last Post: 07-14-2007, 08:52 PM
By dre23 in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 17Last Post: 01-29-2006, 12:45 PM
By lacfiremx02 in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 10Last Post: 08-07-2005, 02:07 PM