Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile Which Heads R&D or Riva ??

Hi,
    Kinda new at this stuff maybe you guys can help me out. I currently have a 2003 GPR that i recently purchase with a RIVA stage 1. I am considering upgrading the heads but don't want to get to extreme by getting it machine. DO you think i should go with RIVA or R&D for Head upgrades???

Moderated
    i would get your OEM head cut for higher compression if I were you but thats just me.

i notice alot of people say OEM Heads for better compression..I guess you can say im a lil nervous about that cause i dont really know that much about it. whats the difference? How Much? where do i go? any other accessories to make it work?

Also i notice people say it cheaper to go with OEM heads. How much cheaper? Riva Head $424 + Girdled Head Hardware Kit $164 = $588

Pm Jims performance he cuts heads.

Basically what these guys mean is that it's not worth the expense of buying aftermaket billet heads just to get a bump in compression, on a Stage I boat. You don't need the "girdled" setup, so there really is no advantage to buying a whole new head setup. Just spend the $150-$200 it costs to get your stock head machined.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarisNut View Post
    Basically what these guys mean is that it's not worth the expense of buying aftermaket billet heads just to get a bump in compression, on a Stage I boat. You don't need the "girdled" setup, so there really is no advantage to buying a whole new head setup. Just spend the $150-$200 it costs to get your stock head machined.

WOW. I didnt realize how much cheaper it will be. So all i have to do is rip the head off and get with these guys to machine it?? If thats the case who do you recommend?

I do appreciate everyone working with me. I know some question are pretty basic but im now getting my feet wet when it comes to 2 stroke motor work and aftermarket parts for ski. Since im located not to far from West Coast Porting, I was wondering what do you guys think of them what have you heard? are there different ways or types of mill head? Once again thanks for you guys help

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by zx11rider View Post
    Pm Jims performance he cuts heads.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by thatmrb View Post
    I do appreciate everyone working with me. I know some question are pretty basic but im now getting my feet wet when it comes to 2 stroke motor work and aftermarket parts for ski. Since im located not to far from West Coast Porting, I was wondering what do you guys think of them what have you heard? are there different ways or types of mill head? Once again thanks for you guys help
    good guy

call Kevin or pm him here waterwoody

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information