97 spx stock Changed to premix

Picked up a 97 spx all stock, but half butt changed over to premix.
    The oil pump is still on the engine case, and there are 2 oil lines going from each side of the case to the oil tank one goes to the bottom of the oil tank, the other to the top. and theres a line still going to the oil pump too one with a filter on it? I guess i didnt know this before but the oil tank not only mixed the oil and fuel thru the carbs but also lubed the crank case too?

Should i put a block off on and take the pump off? or just leave it like it is. I am changing out the grey fuel lines. Other than that the thing runs great. its the 787.

thanks all,
    Steve

eventually ill change my 2001 yama xl800 over to premix too.

Question

Many aftermarket parts shops sell a block off kit. I use Parker Yamaha out of AZ. they have really good prices, and execellent customer service.
    In the kit, it gives you the block off for removing the pump, and also black nipples to put where the lines go.
    I also drained my oil tank, and just plugged the tube above where the oil filter is.

I hope this helps.

Just take the lines going from the oil tank to your crank case and make it a closed loop system by connecting the front of the crankcase to the back. just make sure that it always has oil in it.

thanks guys.

Ok, heres the deal. put a new battery in it, it started up and ran great, then once i turned it off and tried to start it back up, it acted like it didnt want to start, til i gave it a lil gas , once it started, tons of white smoke poored out, it was like the timing was off or something. ran great the week before. all i did was change the grey fuel lines and put a new filter on, rebuilt the carbs, kept it all clean.

any thots plz?

edit: to me it seems like one spark plug is turning on and off. or like there is a short, idk.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!

I will check tonight, thanks!

will this also cause the Battery not to get charged also?

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Yes, but it could also be the stator. If you aren't charging, you really need to pull the front cover off and inspect the stator for shorts. Otherwise, you will burn up your brand new rectifier when you install it, if the stator is shorted.

doesnt seem to be the rectifier. Still smokes and the back cylinder doesnt seem to be firing, or maybe half firing. Runs ro0ugh lots of white smoke. i felt the side of each cylinder and the front one is much warmer than the back. Ill take it to the mechanic on monday. He's very good and less expensive than the dealer. Im handy but def no mechanic maybe someday ill learn more and dig but just no time for now.

thanks for all your help guys! i might take a video of what its doing. maybe you all can figure it out by that.

Thread Information