Hey Florida guys, I need some help!

Ok, so me and a buddy were talking and we want to try and bring our skis to Florida for the Winter months. I am trying to figure something out so we can just leave them there and fly down a few weekends and ride.
    So my question is, what's my best/safest bet for storing these while we are not there.
    We could purchase a double trailer and then leave them in a storage facility. I would also be open to leaving them at a marina that has jet docks, I would rather not leave them in the water.
    I prefer South Florida and the East coast as we would like to do a ride over to Bimini. I am open to anything I supposed though.
    If anyone has any info or opinions they want to share, please post them up.

+1
    I would say put the ski's in a storage place like U-haul, etc...It'll probably run you about $120 a month, but its the easiest and safest way to do it.

Yea any storage place would be good, and if I was you just check the areas, and get a nicer area where the storage place would be too. You dont want it in a bad neighborhood, bc I have heard some stuff about storage places having entire boats motors stolen before.

+1
    Storage in a safe location is key. Don't forget you will need a tow vehicle when you get down. It's hard to find a rent-a-car with a hitch.... I've tried.

+1
    Find a in/out storage at a marina. They put it on racks under cover with security and then just a call and they will put it in the water. No tow vehicle needed.

There is new big Marine in the Ft. Lauderdale area that has dry storage and security and when ur ready to ride you just call ahead and they put ur skis in the water I will try to get the info for I heard it was a nice ass place not sure if this is the place but this is what you should be looking in to....

http://www.riverbendmarinecenter.com/index.html

Thanks guys. I am leaning on a secure storage facility. Just fly down and make sure what I rent has a hitch.
    Please keep posting anything you suggest. Still plenty of time!

Splash academy - $250 per month, I believe they store r trailer for free.
    Any gated "secured" storage with key access. "Value store It" is secure all around Miami & fort lauderdale - $105.
    Guard in bad da hood is better then no guard in a "safe" hood!

I live on the west coast but i have an 2 boat lifts behind my house and im only using one of them. Im trying to rent out the other it easily fits 2 skis on it. let me know if you interested.

Storage problem

Quote Originally Posted by gp1300r View Post
    ok, so me and a buddy were talking and we want to try and bring our skis to florida for the winter months. I am trying to figure something out so we can just leave them there and fly down a few weekends and ride.
    So my question is, what's my best/safest bet for storing these while we are not there.
    We could purchase a double trailer and then leave them in a storage facility. I would also be open to leaving them at a marina that has jet docks, i would rather not leave them in the water.
    I prefer south florida and the east coast as we would like to do a ride over to bimini. I am open to anything i supposed though.
    If anyone has any info or opinions they want to share, please post them up.
    what part of fl are you going to i live in sebastian vero i can help if you are going in that aera .

Thread Information