Cracked oil line

94 ss xi I found a cracked oil line today. What do I replace it with? I can't seem to find "oil line" is 1/8 fuel line ok?...

Check your local auto parts or lawnmower repair place for tygon fuel line it works great for oil injection.

Thanks I was looking at your ultra 150 rebuild thread and noticed you left the oil injection system on. Most recommend removing it and running pre-mix. Whats your opinion?

Ultras are different. They are a pain to convert to premix (you can search for why) the 94 xi should just need a block off plate though....

Well my opinion is that I have never heard of a kawi oil pump failing. Now I have heard alot about cracked oil lines so I am all about replacing them every few years. On my ultras I run just the injection on the 00 and the 04 gets 100:1 on top of the injection. The 04 is modded to the hilt and running tripple pipes so I feel it needs a little more. The ultra uses 5 outputs from the oil pump 2 of them pass oil though the balancers then on to the #1 and 3 cylinders. To block one you would have to split the cases and block the check valves. Then once or twice a season you would have to pull the motor and split it again to change oil.

Changed out oil lines all is good now...or is it? To go pre mix or not that is the question? I have a 95 zxi thats already converted..but I'm kinda lazy. How dumb would it be to convert it back? I'd have to find everything I dont even have the oil tank...........

+1
    If you want to convert back to oil injection, just get the right pump for it. There are probably a bunch of old injection systems out there since so many people remove them.

Thread Information