Thread: 97 Yamaha Wave Venture 1100
07-29-2009, 07:46 PM #1
97 Yamaha Wave Venture 1100
I have a 97 Yamaha Wave Venture 1100. When i go to give it full throttle it pops up and takes off then about 10 sec later right over about 30mph it kills. Engine stops and mfd turns off. Any ideas? It worked fine last time i had it out. My buddy used it and ran it on low oil. I dont know if it was very low or empty i just filled it as quick as i could. Any help would be great! It runs now but i cant get it over 30 and when its around 25 it revs up then down up then down then kills if i hold it in the same spot.
07-29-2009, 09:14 PM #2
1. Do compression check to see where your cylinders are....see if any damage shows up.
2. I would remove the plugs....pull the 12mm bolts out "motor mounts" slide the engine forward and turn it over by hand with the coupler. Feel if you noticed anything funny with the bearings.
3. I would also go through the carbs....it won't hurt and I do mine every year.
4. When your ski "dies" ...check for spark directly afterwards.
5. remove the kill wires "white/black" unplug them and run and see if it dies. "set idle so low that if you let off the throttle, it dies until you plug it back in"
Start there and let us know...
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By kcoleman10 in forum Yamaha 2 Stroke SkisReplies: 5Last Post: 09-10-2011, 08:55 AM
By kcoleman10 in forum Yamaha ClassifiedsReplies: 4Last Post: 08-22-2011, 10:34 AM
By Polcat2000 in forum Yamaha ClassifiedsReplies: 1Last Post: 05-17-2011, 12:54 PM
By baacra in forum Yamaha Old School SkisReplies: 6Last Post: 09-19-2009, 11:04 PM
By baacra in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 2Last Post: 08-21-2009, 02:30 PM