155hp 4tech to 255hp Swap?

Hey guys my 03 sportster 4-tec 155hp not back on the water yet Solas impeller and new housing due tomorrow. If I wanted to upgraded to supercharger what is involved? What would the the boat gain?

i think that the pistons and cam in the NA motors are different than than the SC &scic motors. this means a complete tear down and rebuild of the motor. im pretty sure it would be more trouble than it is worth. JPECONSULT (look him up) did a build turning a 185 GTX into a 215 and he said it was a fun project but he would nver do it again. keep in mind his motor was already SC he just wanted it set up like a SCIC to run with the 215s.check out his thread.

i would imagine it would be much cheaper to just buy a 215 motor. and less labor intensive. many of the internals would need to change as well as ECU, etc. lately low hour 215s have been going in the 3k or less range sometimes with harness and ECU sometimes without.

hope that was some help. i know others will chime in

to answer your second question: you would gain several things that all inter relate to performance by going SC. you would gain torque through out the rpm band. you would gain mx rpms allowing you to utilize more of your motor's power and as a result you woudl have better acceleration and top speed. of course more prop tweaking is needed to get the power to the water and stay within ideal rpm range.

the other thing you get is a big addiction to modding there is no detox or 12 step program for it either... not that i have found

I thought you might be interested in reading this web page:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ferrerid=19752

ok copy and paste that link. it is JPE's build thread. its not a boat but you may learn more about trying to beef up your 155. he can probably give you a lot of advice.

Thanks for the info sound kike some work an $ I'm fine for this summer but if I get bored this winter I may take it on. I have a hard time keeping anything stock.

exactly. i just bought a new jeep and its killing me that it has no lift and stock wheels!

Thread Information